Michigan Monte Meet

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably be in if you guys plan something like this next year... Need to get a bit more comfortable financially, and I dunno if she can make an 11 hour drive yet.

Well you know Im in cool

I'll probably be in if you guys plan something like this next year... Need to get a bit more comfortable financially, and I dunno if she can make an 11 hour drive yet.

Isnt there a boat that goes across Lake Mi? don't know if that's accessable from your location. If you cant do it this year, hope to see you next year smile

There may very well be a boat that goes across the lake... Problem with that is I still need to go 500+ miles to get there. Tell ya what, if I manage to get that Saturday off without having to ask, I'll do my best to get there. Always wanted to drive from the UP, and coming from the north cuts about 80 miles out of the trip.

You only live once, right?

Michigan is a big [censored] state when you drive from top to bottom & across the U.P. Went to Copper Harbor once, think it took me about 10 hours, the UP isn't really very scenic IMO. Flat, clear cut waste land. Unless you drive the coast.

I'd be going highway 8 out of Forest Lake, which looks like it turns into Highway 2 in Michigan, and runs the coast. Best of all, it goes right through Escanaba!

Yes, I have watched to much of Escanaba in da Moonlight... >.>

We will be camping that weekend, but thanks to hitting the little show today my boy {Gabriel}says that he want to go. So weather permitting we will come home grab the car and go back to the campground after.

2's fine with me, long as I can make it home before 7 or 8. don't like driving after dark this time of year, I live in deer alley. Odds of hitting a deer near me are the highest in the US, per capita. Odds increase greatly at night, less visability. And these are BIG deer around Jackson.

car/deer accident stats. this is from 2010, says Michigan was 3rd back then. Odds of hitting a deer in Mi 1 in 70. Odds of hitting a deer within a 30 mile radius of me gotta be like 1 in 10.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/deer-car-collisions-state-hit-deer-driving/story?id=11826266

Well I'm down to make it so count me in. Not sure if I'll be bringing anyone with me so as of now it looks like one. I was planning on taking the Monte back to Indiana as it has a appointment with the body shop to have the vinyl roof peeled and replaced but I think I can hold off a week or two grin

If not I'll show up in something good cool

Hope we can get this going, would be nice to meet some local members off the boards here.

2pm is a good time I think also. that gives me plenty of time to get home and change, then hit the road.

I also see allot of deer on the country road I travel on to go to work. Have almost hit a couple a few times. But I found that people Are the ones I need to try and avoid on the roads lately. laugh

I always copy and paste, it's safer for me.

So I'm getting all excited about this lunch meet up thing and my wife reminds me of a previous appointment so now I can't go. I bet the weather will be spectacular and a great day for driving the Monte, darn.

Have fun and take some pictures.

Bruce