HEATER HOSE HELP NEEDED

CKZ03

I will be installing my heater hoses soon, possibly this evening if I get a response here today. Hoping someone could measure the length of their hoses for me. I do not have my fenders or inner fender sheilds on the car currently, so I don't have anything to gauge how long they should be. From what I remember and what I see in pics the hoses should lay on the inner sheild and attached with a clamp. Just trying to get them close as possible as to where they should normally be, so a measurement would really help me out here smile any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks Cory

72 350 w/air

Cory, the hose to the intake manifold is 44" and the one to the water pump is 50" on my '70 402. I believe they are routed across the passenger inner fender in a stock configuration. I replaced the heater hoses when I installed Classic Auto Air but did not change their length so I believe they are stock length, also.

P1164572.jpg

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it but I'm working on a small block 350. with ac. Pretty sure big block lenghts will measure different. I just really need to get close, I don't want too much slack & of course if I go too short that's a real issue.

Are you using stainless braided hoses with crimped ends? If not, rubber heater hose is cheap - cut them generously to start and whack them off to fit neatly when you install them.

Nope its not too late, thanks for the measurements, now can someone get me a few nice pics? I decided to stop and gather more info before cutting. I only want to do this once. Engine is full of coolant already and has been for a while as it has been run several times in the last year for various reasons. I had plugs where my heater hose nipples should be, now Im going back in to finish of the heater system plumbing & adding a temp gauge sensor. My fenders and inners are not on the car so the measurements really will help. I do not want to have to remove & cut and/or add length or drain out coolant again later, its kinda messy.

Does anyone have any pics of their heater hose routing?

THANKS Cory smile

IMG_20130129_234538_zpsfc3e43a2.jpg

IMG_20130129_234607_zps1b1c3909.jpg

Hey Cory, just measured my hoses, stock SBC350 w/AC and I have 39" to the manifold and 46" to the water pump.

DSCF1526.jpg

But I would take Dennis' advice if using rubber hoses, make them a couple inches longer for final adjustment. If you drain down the radiator abit you won't get any coolant spill on the motor if you need to modify hose length.

Thanks guys for all the help here. Think I will kind of take the average out of the three measurements and roll with it, should put me in the ballpark. Thanks for the pic Murphy, nice clean & organized look on your line routings. You guys are great! yay

I'm not sure about the lengths or the 71 and 72 but on my 70 the supply line attaches to a vacuum controlled valve and then from thos valve to the heater core. This vacuum controlles valve is mounted on the inner fender well.

Rob

I'm not sure about the lengths or the 71 and 72 but on my 70 the supply line attaches to a vacuum controlled valve and then from thos valve to the heater core. This vacuum controlles valve is mounted on the inner fender well.

Rob

Cory's heater control valve is threaded straight into the intake like it was in 71 Montes.