4 core radiator questions.

71 MONTE 4 YA

I came across a 4 core radiator and it is really thick and heavy. Do you all think it will fit? Will I have to do any modifications. The guy I got it from said it was from a 71 Chevelle. Here are some pics.

2013-02-08221046.jpg

2013-02-08221216.jpg

2013-02-08223153.jpg

2013-02-08223136.jpg

Rodney - from the photos it looks like it's the same height & width. If it is, all you would need is to replace the rubber radiator insulators (the rubber cushions top and bottom) with those made for a 4-core.

http://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/ocatalog...or%20insulators

Rodney - from the photos it looks like it's the same height & width. If it is, all you would need is to replace the rubber radiator insulators (the rubber cushions top and bottom) with those made for a 4-core.

http://www.thepartsplaceinc.com/ocatalog...or%20insulators

Originally Posted By: Sam (Bones)
ditto
Originally Posted By: Mo's70MCs
dittoditto cheap way to keep her cool.

Thanks guys!! I wanted to get my original redone but that was shock. The guy I got this one from wanted $120. He let it go for $100 and it's got the tranny cooler on it too. Is there a way to flush it out and clean it before it goes into the Monte?

Took the radiator to a local shop(Klein Radiators). Had it pressure tested and he found a very small leak and repaired it. Flushed, cleaned, and repaired $25. He said it had been recored before and that it was a high quality radiator. He also said it was well worth the $100 I spent and it will outlast the car. Good deal considering they wanted twice that or more to repair my original.

Sounds like you got a great bargain, Rodney! smile

Thanks!! It's always great to get to catch a great deal. I'm glad I waited before getting the original fixed. I was about to pay $357 shockno

That's exactly what I used in my 72 (4 core). I had no issues with fit and it seriously helps with the cooling. That is an awesome price too.

Thanks for the confirmation!!