horn

wandalee

Did everything go back in as it came apart? I had my steering whee, off and it took me three try's to get my horn working again.

My biggest problem was the wire from the steering wheel to the column getting it hooked up correctly

I checked everything and it appears that I put it back correctly.... when I press the horn I can hear a clicking sound coming from the horn relay....It must have power to the column.....I wonder if the horn relay is bad....

if the relay is clicking....check to see if power is coming out of it, if it is, make sure power is getting to the horn, if it is, replace horn

ditto Also check where it is bolted and make sure it is getting a good ground. It may be a bit rusty there

The horn switch in the steering wheel switches ground and not 12VDC. The red 10 gauge wire to the horn relay comes directly from the hot single terminal post just in front of the battery mounted on the radiator support frame. When you press the horn button the horn relay picks and sends the 12 VDC to the horn(s). If you're certain the horn relay is picking and you've checked the horn directly with 12 VDC, the problem is most likely with the horn relay or a connection in the relay or connection at the horn.

Mike