Rally wheels

looking at a nice set of GMC/chevy rally wheels for a chevy van or pickup on craigs list.They are 15x8 with a 5x4.75 bolt pattern.Will these fit on my 72 Monte? Also looking at a pair of M/T Drag radials P275/60/R15 to put on these wheels.Add says tires are brand new.Were mounted on wheels and were to big for his car.Want 350.00 for tires. Thanks Andy.

Hi Andy,If the ad reads for a van or pickup I believe those are the 5 on 5" bolt pattern.these will not fit our 4.75" bolt pattern.the drag radials are priced good if they have some tread left.

If the add says they are 15x4.75 and that is what they truly are then yes that is what will fit our cars. Did you see a picture of them and do they resemble a Monte rally? Also you need to ask him what the backspacing is, typically the ones used on our cars is 4.5" with an 8" rim but ideally one with 5" is better when using a fat tire. Make sure in the other add with the tires that he didn't find out they were too big because the fender cut into them.

$350 for a set of those 2 tires ain't really a smashing deal, if you could pick them up for $300 or less that would be good. I bought a set about a year ago now just like that, M/T ET Street Radials for $199 a tire, but $30 shipping on each, so you could save yourself $150 if you get them for $300 or less.

A local mechanic picked up a set of rallies for his 1972 Van. he sand blasted them repainted them and got all new trim rings and center caps before trying them on his van to find they didnt fit. After sitting in his shop for over a year I purchased them for a great price. The lesson here is try them on first. You can even make a simple template of your wheel to be sure. Its very hard if not impossible to tell the difference between a 4.75 and a 5.0 bolt pattern just by looking at it.