trunk latch and locking part color

rsorg

Does anyone know what the color issuppose to be,for the locking part that is attached to the trunk lid and the latch is ? thanks

post-76-0-81231800-1466597155_thumb.jpg

On my 71 black Monte the trunk latch is painted black now but I don't remember it fresh from the factory, that's 45 years ago.

Bruce

On my '70 it's painted body color. I believe it was installed at the factory before paint, since only the exposed part is painted. This may be one of those things that was done differently, depending on which plant assembled the car.

Dan

Here are four pictures from my unrestored 56,500 orig miles 70 out of the Baltimore plant. You may be able yo see that it looks like they have some over spray on the trunk splatter paint or there are areas where the splatter paint is worn off. I hope this helps

IMG_20160622_122727_365.jpg

IMG_20160622_122719_677.jpg

IMG_20160622_122712_195.jpg

IMG_20160622_122705_610.jpg

Here are four pictures from my unrestored 56,500 orig miles 70 out of the Baltimore plant. You may be able yo see that it looks like they have some over spray on the trunk splatter paint or there are areas where the splatter paint is worn off. I hope this helps

Sorry, I missed the part where you mentioned the part attached to the trunk lid. Now that I reread your post it looks like you may have wanted both.

Rob

Rob, yes I was wondering what color both pieces would be ,my locking keyed part is a grayish color ,but I think it could have been soda blasted when the under side of the trunk lid was done ,thanks everyone for the info, I am not sure what color to paint it at this time. Roger

When I posted above, I was referring to the latching mechanism that's bolted to the trunk lid. The bolts and the latch were installed before the trunk lid was painted. When I removed the bolts recently, during restoration, the paint on the bolts showed they had never removed before.

Dan