Does anyone know how to tell if my car is supposed to have it?   Where can I find out for sure?  All the pictures I see show it on the intake manifold on right side for vacuum and electric, but I have no wires there. I do have wires on the left side but no way they will make it all the way around.  I am not sure my car is even had TCS because when I got the car it wasn't there.        Help?

Willie, on my 70 that is where the relay is located.  I am not sure if it would be in the same place on your 72 custom.  My Monte is a 350 2brl

rob

Hey Everyone, I should have stated, its a 72 with a 454. I Do Not have that relay that is mounted to the wire harness holder. So maybe the car never had it. I do have a relay closer to the a/c unit but not sure if there is a open lead there or not, I don't think there is but will check tomm.  All the pics are great, that's what I have been reading from the manuals. But the manual does not tell me how to figure out if it was born with it or not.  I was just wondering if it was stated on the build sheet somewhere. Who knows what the last owners took off or never put back on.  

So as of now I don't think I have it. I will get some pics tomm because there is a 2 wire harness on the left side that I don't know where it goes either.

Thanks for the help guys

Willie,

Regarding the relay you mention closer to the AC unit.  If you are talking about the evaporator housing, my 70 350 also has a blower relay mounted on that.  Looking at the pictures above it would be hidden by the vacuum canister.

rob

Yes Rob I think that's the relay I am talking about.   

Paul I only have 71 and 72's  and only 1 has it, the others don't. It could be past owners took them out or never replaced them.

I will take pics today and see what we can figure out.

Thanks Again

IMG_1119.JPG.57b4d1a097a0a78bc323916579ea8f90.JPG

Rob, this is the only relay there

IMG_1118.JPG.631235fc7bb116937c842ec13986f5fb.JPG

You can see there are no other relays or even holes in the harness holder (not to say this is the original) this is the one that came with the car when I got it. You can also see there is no wires on the right side (left side in pic) for it but there are 2 sets of wires on the left (right side in pic) there is 1 wire in the front by the rad hose which goes to the idle solenoid, and further back by the throttle cable there is a double clip that has 4 wires, 2 wires in each side (I don't know where this goes).

IMG_1120.JPG.b5254e978d7c017fd7e509ccb851e56f.JPG

This is one of my parts cars a 71, this is all that's left but there are 2 relays, so it might of had it, but no other traces.

IMG_1121.JPG.56ac1a048b9da650c5a4264c8e185c98.JPG

This is another parts car a 72, it does have it even though they by passed it, I don't see a relay.

IMG_1122.JPG.a51752b6ca6ddcc16424c7379477812a.JPG

This is the 71 SS I just picked up in Indiana, didn't want to unfold everything to see but if you look close you can see the two holes in the harness holder for the relay. So at one time this car had it

Great now I am really not sure what to do. lol

Willie, did you tape up the harness?? I looked at the wiring diagram and it shows that the 20 P and 20 DBL wires runs to the relay. maybe some just taped the unused wire to the harness???

Hey Willie, idk but my 71 402 auto has 2 relays on the firewall near the distributor. My 71 492 4speed is like your 72 set up. At least from what I can tell. That car has been messed with. 

IMG_0425.thumb.JPG.08c916cdedd65ce1fe885f9488676f06.JPG

IMG_20181110_151814.jpg

Hey Tom, I think all my cars have been messed with and that's why its so hard to decide what way to go with it. Still haven't decided yet.

On July 3, 2019 at 5:07 PM, willie said:

Hey Paul, no I bought it from IMG_0851.JPG.49953ddd1ded8bcda7326cc22cada9e9.JPGfigured they know what there doing.

You would think so, maybe contact them and ask if they hid the tcs wires...not sure what to think.

Hello Everyone, I spoke to someone today at American Autowire and after checking to make sure this was the correct harness for my application  he said I will need a Tcs extension harness. So I ordered it and when I get it I will get back to everyone. This way we know for sure.

Thanks for the help

IMG_1125.JPG.b4fd597890b421b00c1e9edb15a369b8.JPGIMG_1126.JPG.59f3bb74fa1d2e41321b8470763e7a61.JPG

Can someone tell me if the TCS solenoid is the same in 2 different places as it is called CEC valve in 1st pic and Engine solenoid assm in 2nd pic. I am starting to pull my hair out.   

The second pic I can see where the same connection that is on my car and in the same general area, that makes sense to me. If its the same part just called 2 different names and put in 2 or 3 different places no wonder why I cant figure it out.lol

Maybe I am looking for the wrong needle in the wrong haystack. Heck I might not even be in the correct barn for heaven sake.