Dash - With aftermarket gauges

NewTimer

It was the same dash, just different gauges. If you switch to the tach and gauge cluster you will need to do a little rewiring but not a lot.

Our Tech Info section claims that the U14 Gage Package was not a part of the SS package but an orderable option. While many SS Montes had that option, I have seen a few that did not. Someone might be correctly offering an "SS dash" that came from an original SS car with just idiot lights, but hopefully it also has tach and gages. It's more likely that someone is offering a Monte dash with tach and gages (the U14 option) as an "SS dash" whether it came out of an SS or not because the dashes were all the same otherwise, as Scott noted above.

His statement regarding rewiring to accommodate tach and gages is absolutely true - been there, done that. I have a detailed write-up on the swap if you're interested. Also, Darren Bull (LS5) is the club's resident expert on dash conversions if you get stuck. Good luck with your dash upgrade.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Originally Posted By: NewTimer
Actually found exactly what I was looking for. A blank insert ( Linky to picture )

That is the Dash Insert I used in my Monte

DSCN0336.JPG

Andreas,

Are you happy with the insert? Where did you find it?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Yes, I am happy with the dash insert. Yes, you have to cut the original dash substantially. I did a write up in the newsletter about this a while ago, so if you are a dues paying member, there is a step by step out there.

The insert is available in various places such as JEGS.com, serach for Classic Dash