Seat cover buttons...

Murphy

I've started the process of replacing my rear seat covers, I bought a set via PUI. After removing the originals, I see a huge difference between the original buttons and the ones provided from PUI. I then removed the original buttons which are in fine condition. Trying to decide on the reinstall process, I measured the location of the buttons from the top seam (12 1/2" in the center of the seat to 12" on the furthest outside buttons)??? When I mark this out on the new cover it looks terrible. Wondering if I need to install the new cover, mark out the buttons, remove the cover, install the buttons and then reinstall?

I know others have mentioned they didn't install any buttons but I actually prefer them as it matches the side/door panels....

I didn't use mine because I was worried that it might tear from the holes caused by the buttons. Did you check your rear seat bottom to see if it's the same as the original, mine wasn't but it worked. Your right the replacement buttons are not the same as the original.

Leo

Well, I've finished covering the rear seats and installing the original buttons. What a headache! I now understand why others have not installed the buttons!!!!! From the original cover, I measured the button placement from the top seam and marked on the new cover and installed the buttons. Bad decision! That's when I could see this curve to the buttons, it looked like an upside down frown, the center button was about an inch higher than the buttons at the ends of the seat.?? I called PUI for advice, No help! I then called a local shop and they told me to install the cover, stretched into place, mark on the cover with chalk the proper location of the buttons, remove the cover and install the buttons then reinstall. I've now had this cover off 3 times and it finally looks right.............

DSCF1733_zps44c062d9.jpg

DSCF1734_zpse1fa8e9f.jpg

Hopefully the front bench will now be easier. Also, since I had installed the buttons, then removed them and reinstalled in different locations, one would think that holes would be an issue. Guy at the upholstery shop told me to heat up the old button locations with a heat gun (not too hot) and rub the area of the removed button to take out any marks left by the buttons, it worked, the tiny hole left by the button shaft punched thru the vinyl in the seam is hardly noticeable.