Show me that junk in your trunk

Hisalone

Hey guys.

Looking for ideas, here. My trunk is empty besides the battery and the 2 fuel pumps mounted in it. It has no liner, carpet, etc. so I'm brainstorming how I want it finished. All ideas and pictures of your own are welcomed. I'm not looking for anything crazy, just something nice that will not detract from the rest of the car since they want me in World of Wheels come springtime. My wife made the mistake of suggesting the same orange and black theme found under the hood and the interior. Now I can't get that great albeit more expensive idea out of my head. laugh

So, what do ya got?

I used the precut trunk panels from www.shiny-hiney.com and wrapped them in Black Vinyl/Gray Carpet...

You get 10% off there...

FGMCC club members receive a 10% discount. All that your members will need to do when ordering online is put FGMCC in the “How did you hear about us” comment section and we will issue a refund for 10% of parts ordered.

Trunk1.jpg

Here are some more ideas. The carpet is simply outdoor carpet from any home renovation store.

Parts I picked up cheap from a junk yard:

- compact spare (repainted)

- scissor jack (cleaned up)

- trunk light set up (various parts from 90s cars, hooked into the existing trunk wiring harness and the light fits right in the existing opening in the rear deck lid just as if it was designed to go there and does a great job at lighting up the trunk area)

DSCN3311.JPGDSCN3642.JPGDSCN3641.JPGDSCN3643.JPG

Interesting.

My friend wants to carpet it and build a removable box that hides the battery and fuel pumps along with all the lines for a very clean look like under the hood. Don't know if I want to go that in depth.

I kept my trunk stock and freshened it up with Dupli-Color trunk paint. I did a tribute to my Uncle (it was originally his car from new) The hard plastic spare tire cover is from a Kia Sportage. You could put anything you wanted to on the cover. I wrote the poem, found the logos etc and told our Graphic Artist at work what I was looking for. He made it up on his computer and I emailed it to a local guy who does vehicle wraps who printed it off. First I sanded and rattle can painted the cover, covered the edge of it with black door edge guard and then applied the sticker.

I keep my jack hook and fire extinguisher under the cover. smile

TrunkTribute002.jpg