rusty floor replacment

jacob

New floor pan from NPD SANY0545_zps2ac16fb0.jpg

here is the back side

SANY0543_zps5c6dd448.jpg

its not made in America but it seems to be good quality 20 gauge steel and in weld thru primer... got to love new sheet metal. cool

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice Jacob..mine is black with the rockers attached....I am just about to weld in the bracing and separate body and frame myself...keep the pics coming...what was your price if you don't mind the asking...mine was over 1100..I am sure to cry when we hear your tally !!!

The NPD price was $ 444.95 with out braces ... the braces I have are in good shape they just need to be cleaned up. Has anyone else done a full floor replacement? I haven't seen any videos or pictures of a Monte getting a full floor replacement just Chevelles.

go to our koniksklassiks.com , we have replaced every single panel on roughly 20 or more first gen montes , the pan pictured has the chevelle under seat pan , if you plan on putting it in in one piece you will need to remove the side crash braces big job , there are several versions out on the market we sell Dynacorn,CHL ,and AMD sheet metal all are good quality really depends on application what pan you want to use , we are currently working on a 70 SS floor trunk wells and NOS quarter replacement as well as full tail pan , the 1970 1/2 Z28 we completed a couple years ago had over 70 percent of the sheetmetal replaced and is currently a top show car , just take your time and measure before you cut then measure again then brace where you need , we do not brace cars for sheetmetal replacement only, they do not move , if you remove rockers and floor braces and crash braces you will need to brace and jig the car

Leo

445.00??? even without the braces...we get sooo scr*wed up here !!

work cut out for you...good play on words Scott

you can use the video's and pictures from the Chevelle having the full floor pan replaced as it's the same pan.

Rob where can this be found as I have searched EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any articles regarding this..

thanks Bill and Jacob

ha ha ha ....you said winter...in North Carolina??...lucky bugger

aside from that..great pics..I am encouraged

yeah I have only had to wear pants a couple of times... its 55 degrees right now and supposed to be in the low 70s and sunny this weekend talk about rough winter conditions. crazylaugh

got some more bracing done in this California weather got a nice breeze going ... feels like spring time at the beach. rofl

SANY0571_zpsa1c0e348.jpg

SANY0577_zpsbecd5619.jpg

still have a few things im going to do before I feel comfortable enough to start cutting away.

If only GM could have taken the time to paint and seal the tops before putting the vinyl tops down it would have made a big difference in how much rust they have in 40 years. And people leaving them out under trees in front of a four car garage or behind a big carport.