Purchase hood/ Fenders

Otown Bob

Metal vs fiberglass?

Purchase tips?

Other/ new ideas?

I bought a 1970 MC in December & wish I was welder suddenly...crumpled front end damage. Everyone I run into says I need a new RF fender. The left is damaged as well & the hood bends a bit when closing due to rust, visually none of it looks to bad accept the RF fender but all need repair.

The thing is the quality of the existing metal I have seems better then what's out there.

I like metal. I guess I'm curious if anyone has suggestions for maybe a thinner metal more functional hood design then the original? But I like the original body look like all of you....not a big blower...or elaborate cowl guy

welcome first off!

Second, it doesn't sound as if fiberglass would be right for your car, I personally don't think it's good for a street driven Monte Fenders are not available aftermarket so you will either have to fix yours,buy used ones that need fixed, or pay a bunch of$ for NOS. there's not much choice here. Welcome to the world of owning a Monte, that's the price you pay for being the only one at a cruise with one!

Stick around, you'll find this is the best place for all things Monte

Thnx. U have normal/ GOOD looking tire wheel combo.

I got 4 wheels@ 15x8.

What do u have? Lots of people seem to only 2: 15x8 wheels if they have 15x8.

If u have 15x8 wheels, what's ur tire size?

Or r urs 15x7 or 17x7 wheels?

bob there was a couple of posts that had 2 fenders and a hood i think in seattle for 100.00...larry(lost and found) is an absolute wizard at finding stuff...mostly on craigslist. Probably alot easier to find out how to get it shipped to you than it is getting anything north of the border...his old posts may lead you to something closer

Bob another option is to contact Leo Konick of Konick's Klassiks. He is listed on this sites home page under venders. He is very knowledgeable about our cars and has a ton of stuff for fixing up or restoring our cars. www.koniksklassiks.com is the web address. He will answer emails but it may take him a day or two. I have found that calling is a much better idea. He loves to talk Monte Carlo's with just about everyone.

Welcome!

Stick with metal fenders and hood for a street car in my opinion.

As for wheels. I have 4 15x8 rallys with 245/60/15 tires on my 70 and also used to have them on my 72.

0096.JPG

0023.JPG

You can see lots of great info in the link below regarding wheel and tire sizes.

http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=197478#Post197478