70 Monte , 69 Chevelle seats

Vinniepooh

Yes they should be. My understanding is that any of the 68-72 A-body cars seats will work in the FGMC. I have a bench seat with the center fold down arm rest out of a Cutlass in my 70 Monte.

Wooh hold on a second Vince……… 1968-1969 Chevelle REAR BACK seats will NOT fit in our cars only 70-72 chevelle,GTO,Lemans,Buick etc will fit. The 68-69 Rear seat are too wide for our cars, they did not have rear arm rests like our monte's do. the chevelle / monte rear seat have the 2 inch filler plate and lower arm rest areas with ashtrays where as 68-69 is straight back seat only.

The FRONT Seats WILL fit they bolt right in from 68-69.

Now the bucket seats are different as well but will still fit and work, here are the differences…

1968 chevelle buckets dont come with headrests and the seat release button to fold the seats forward are on the Side of the seats Not in the seatback in the middle.

this is also the same for 1969 except half way through 1969 they started using the headrest and switched to rear seatback buttons.. so look around for those if looking for buckets.

it was like in 1971-72 monte carlo where the later half of 1971 some of our cars have the fasten the seat belt light and some didnt.

Darren.

I hope someone else chimes in on this but, I believe the 72' rear seat upper back rest are different. There is a small arch on the bottom at both ends to accommodate the retractable seat belts. Without this arch the seat belt is squeezed too tight and will not retract back on its own. You can use the ’72 in the older cars and the older seats fit in a ’72 but the seat belt gets stuck and doesn’t work properly.

WOW! You guys are an Encyclopedia of information. I learned a lot there. I had been waiting for some time now to look at a 69 Chevelle. I was told that it needed a front seat so I thought that I might be able to use a Monte front bench seat and the full set of new set of covers that I have. I finally got to see the car today and the seats as it turns out would be the least of my concerns. To much body work for me. But thanks everyone.

Yes Rob,

Many things changed on seat belts for '72.

1.Seat belt warning system.

2.Forward momentum restraints for driver and front right passenger (not middle).

3.Retractors for two outside rear passengers.

4.One latch for 3 point shoulder harness driver and right front passenger.

I’m not sure if that last one was new for ’72. It could have been on earlier models also.

We have some very knowledgeable folks on here that may be able to clairify it for me.

it was like in 1971-72 monte carlo where the later half of 1971 some of our cars have the fasten the seat belt light and some didnt.

Darren.

That would be 1972 not 1971. "On January 1, 1972, NHTSA required passenger vehicles for sale in the United States to be equipped with passive restraints protecting vehicle occupants in frontal barrier crashes up to and including 30 mph, or alternatively, with a buzzer–light reminder system."