Opinion Please - tires

I don't buy tires too often for my small block Monte, but I am in the mood. Currently white walls with the rally wheels.

I am considering RWL BFG T/A's, and General with OWL http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...=4&i1_Qty=4

I like the symmetrical lettering (General on each side) and the OWL.

OPINIONS: 1). What would a Monte look like with Rally's and black walls??? I don't think I have ever seen that.

2). What do you think of the OWL Generals?

I like the smooth sidewals of the BFG RWL. The general ones have that "altimax" and stuff on it that I'm not fond of. I prefer the white letters over blackwalls.

I used to be a white letter guy now I am a blackwall guy. I had white letters on my rally's back in the day then switched to blackwalls...in this picture (the only picture I have) I have both on the car but they were temporary when I was swapping the drivetrain. I then switched to aftermarket wheels and blackwalls...well actually white letters facing in... wink

IMG_01382Large_zpscda17f31.jpg

Oh wow, a set of Pro Tracs! Loved those. Racing profile or Indy profile. Kelly superchargers were also popular back in the day.

I vote for the raised white letters...the outlined white are harder to clean and just look too modern to me. I like the look of what the car might have been in the 70's. Call it old school.

montemound.jpg

Personally, I like the look of the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. My buddy has them on his 77 Ventura (mostly drag), and he loves them. No personal experience though but again, I like the vintage look with the wings on the sidewall.

Mike

My next set of tires will be T/A's. I like the way they look, my Firestone Firehawks are old and the car was stored for a lot of years so they aren't exactly round anymore. Just waiting for enough 'green' to purchase them. My $.02.

Go with Cooper Cobras... They're about 60 bucks cheaper per tire than the BFGs, and they ride great on mine. They seem to wear pretty evenly too, considering I have an open dif and like to spin them occasionally... I rotate them pretty regularly though, just because it's quick and I can do it when we're slow at work.

I went with the Generals. Delivered today and they are the right choice. For lighter colored cars like mine cottonwood green, I like the OWL. For darker colors I like the solid white; the contrast is really nice.

I went with the Generals and they were delivered today. Right choice. They look good with the OWL and the cottonwood green. For darker colors I like the solid white.