Good Bye Biscuit

Rob Peters

Biscuit.jpg

This morning we lost our little Biscuit. Biscuit was our Cairn Terrier. Biscuit was my frequent Cruise Buddy. She loved riding in the Monte and Model A and attending car cruises. She had her own chair at a cruise but rally preferred to sit under the back of the car in the shade and loved to come out and greet people, especially children, she loved the children. (The dog in "The Wizard of Oz" was a Cairn Terrier but a different color than our Biscuit.

Biscuit would always greet us at the door when we came home and if someone came in the house who she had not seen in a few days she REALLY greeted them like a long lost friend and showed how much she had missed them but this time two years ago, when I came home from a month long stay in the hospital and walking with a cane, she only came up to me wagging her tail and sniffing me because she sensed something was wrong with me.

After she had greeted me and I had settled into my chair, exhausted from my walk from the car to the house Biscuit came and laid at my feet and any time I moved she got up to make sure I was OK. When I got tired and went up to lay in bed she followed me up the stairs and rather than getting into her bed she laid next to the bed. During my entire 6 week home recuperation she stuck by my side like she was taking care of me.

Last October we found out Biscuit had Kidney disease. The vet told us then that she would only live about another 9 months. She was back to the vet last month and they did more blood work which came back only slightly worse than it was months earlier which was good. Biscuit started going downhill this past weekend and passed away this morning. She will be missed in this household, especially after we lost our other dog this past New Years Day.

I don't care how much you feel you will be ready for something like this it still doesn't stop a grown man from crying like a baby. Good night my little Cruise Buddy.

Rob

R.I.P. Biscuit, we do get attached to our pets. My buddy Zoey which some of you met in carlisle is not doing so good she turned 13 today and i'm afraid this will be her last birthday. Shes been my buddy for a long time. Sorry for your loss Rob and Patsy.

RIP Biscuit, I know how it goes to lose a dog. It has been 12 years since we have lost a pet and our Rocky is not doing all that well right now. Biscuit is in a better place right now

Biscuit.jpg