console mounting braket location

farmall

Hey guys, I am planning to start my Muncie conversion here in a week or so.  I plan to install the console while doing this. I am curious about the location of the console mounting bracket.   I feel like I have seen it somewhere before but can't remember where.  Does anyone know where I can find the dimensions for the placement of the bracket?

I mounted my rear bracket as far toward the back as possible. That ended up being back where the hump starts getting bigger. The bracket would not go back any farther without not fitting the hump. I do not know if this is correct but it worked for me. My 72 is an automatic so that could make a difference. 

As far as I know the consoles are the same. It's just the shift plates that are different. That's the info I got when I researched the console harness and correct shifter glass.

Easiest way to do it is mount/screw the bracket to your console then locate the two dimples forward on the tunnel for the front two mounting screw holes. Drill out the front two holes at the factory dimples and screw the console down at the front. Then square it up front to back, it's now in the correct position. Now you can either tack weld the new bracket in place or drill and screw it, your choice. Easy peasy :)

There is a diagram that shows the measurements. I downloaded and used it for my console install. I think it is posted here someplace if you do a search because I think that's where I got the data from. If that fails you can google console install... I think there is the same document on a chevelle sight. Good luck!

http://www.buickperformanceclub.com/buckconsole.htm

Try this, also has info on adding bucket seats.

I haven't tried it yet, has anyone else used this information before?

Bruce

That's the one I used as well. I just measured and marked the bracket holes on the tunnel with a white sharpie, being careful to have a level on the bracket face. Worked like a charm and everything is centered properly.