odometer clicking

rsorg

Not sure if this is the correct forum, I took the monte for a ride after I installed my new acc carpet and dynamat, and my odometer is stuck at 95,999.9 and will not turn to 96000, it makes a clicking sound, has anybody ran into the same situation ,and if so how did you fix it. Thanks a lot

Hey Roger, almost sounds like the cable has come slightly loose from the speedometer, in the replacement of carpet & dynamat is it possible that the cable got pulled a bit?

Plan A; Reach up and see if the cable is tight.

Plan B; Run for it, I hate ticking sounds.............

Hey Roger, almost sounds like the cable has come slightly loose from the speedometer, in the replacement of carpet & dynamat is it possible that the cable got pulled a bit?

Plan A; Reach up and see if the cable is tight.

Plan B; Run for it, I hate ticking sounds.............

First thing I thought of also, this is the most logical answer so I would check the cable inside the car and then second check where it connects to the transmission.

You alsomay have dried lubricant in the cable housing causing the cable to bind and make a ticking sound.

rob

Yes, The speedometer works fine , but the odometer clicks , I will check the mentioned causes this weekend, Thanks A lot 

mine did the same thing this weekend.rolled over to 46000 and just hung up.the tenths was working fine but could tell it was the 6 that the gear just didn't want to completly  roll over. i had about 15 miles to get home and by the time i did the 6 rolled over.no more click.

Hello, My tenths are not wanting to roll along with the 5999.9 ,It is quite  annoying, the clicking sound, but the sound goes away ,  when the secondaries open up.and the tires start laying down rubber.

I remember mine doing that about 30 years ago then it was OK.

My numbers on the miles to this day don;t line up real nice ever since then. ( I think)

Picture

IMG 0745