custom center console

bigscaht

so i couldnt find an off the shelf center console to suit my taste in where im goin with the interior so i decided to build one my self..out of metal since i have some 20 guage sheet metal jus laying around begging to be welded together into something useful.....so here goes..

20150712_222906_zps7r92ien5.jpg20150712_205033_zpseuptmwrx.jpg

That is going to have great lines, Scott!

I need to fab up a custom top plate insert for the stock floor console, in order to nest around the QuickSilver shifter...   to fill the space until then, I whittled down the base of a $15 Pick-N-Pull Grand Prix console.

DSC01709_zpsvvasfakk.jpg

yeah im tryinng to copy the lines of the original console just bigger to accomodate my shifter and some cup holders and maybe move the parking brake to the center also..we will see how good my fab skills are..wioll keep ya posted fellas

those all look good and i want to build one now! maybe this weekend

Andreas do you have newer gen monte seats in your car? how do you like them? ive always wondered about a modern seat install

those all look good and i want to build one now! maybe this weekend

Andreas do you have newer gen monte seats in your car? how do you like them? ive always wondered about a modern seat install

Only the rear seat is from a 2007 Monte, the front seats I bought off ebay (they are real leather). The fronts are not from another car, just a generic racing seat. Definitely better than the bench seat I had before.... :)

i know the shifter is off center..thats cuz i had originally planned to put the e brake there but then i found this http://www.speedwaymotors.com/E-Stopp-Electric-Emergency-Brake-Kit,65217.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwz6KtBRDwgq-LsKjMk9kBEiQAuaxWUjH7j1N0GP5oePJ-Zq-HzUbUcBlepCtSBukUi6FLqs0aAmGP8P8HAQ and that gives me more room and options and its just cool.

Andreas i dont suppose you remember where in perticular you got them on ebay? i like the look of those hip huggers

No I have not seen them on ebay anymore, Sorry....

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

slow progress but almost finished my console...still have to cover the top to the storage compartment..but heres where i am so far

20160825_220545_zps2t7vgox1.jpg

IMG_20160825_225258_zpsr0qllpi5.jpg

ran out of material so back to amazon i go....more to come

if you can fabricate that..you could  just get electric actuators and make your own box..thatt'll save a ton of $$$$$$$