Pre-bent Exhaust Systems - chevelle fits?

Aaronz28

So, i was thinking of ordering a concours system from Gardner exhaust - 

they claim the systems for Chevelle/Elky/Monte are all the same....  with the longer wheelbase -how can this be?

Or is the added length of the wheelbase on the front end only? i.e. from mid engine back - monte/elky are the same as the Chevelle?

this would make sense with the longer fan shroud - but i wanna be sure before spending a chunk of money on a high dollar exhaust system

thanks

the Chevelle systems fit our montes, I used the Gardener system on my '70 4 speed, fit perfect, Gardender knows their stuff, we used '69 tailpipes because I used the cowbell exhaust tips

the Chevelle systems fit our montes, I used the Gardener system on my '70 4 speed, fit perfect, Gardender knows their stuff, we used '69 tailpipes because I used the cowbell exhaust tips

Sam, 

can you post photo or two of the exhaust?  would love to see it...

I'm thinking of their 69 Chambered system for my SS454  - for fun :D

Many years ago I used a Walker Chevelle small block dual system for my 71 that is still in place, third replacement, free mufflers.

Last time I checked they no longer sell 3 of the 4 pipes required.

Some day I would love a Gardner quality factory dual system with the chrome tailpipes like the SS had. Small block tailpipes are smaller and don't have the chrome extentions.

I once read Gardner doesn't mix and match or change a system.

Bruce

They do not mix/match anything -  they build concours quality systems from the blue prints of the original systems - and they only sell complete kits

i have had several of their systems on Camaros and the systems literally fall into place perfectly - i've never ever encountered another system that does that.

i've used their chambered and transverse system on my 69 Z28 and absolutely love the fit/finish/sound.... something about an OE muscle car muffle just does it for me.

Here is my 69 Z with their chambered system on it -  the chevelle chambered system has resonators before the tail pipe tips so its a tad more subdued I think -

https://youtu.be/hTRntCxb7es

and someone else 69 Chevelle with their chambered system..

https://youtu.be/YNCZtaP9WP8

If you have to ask.......well, you know what they say.

rob

Yes I know but I honestly have no idea of a ballpark and there are no prices on the website. I have a saying....everything is affordable if you want it bad enough. :)

Eric refrains from putting prices on the web - i think its so that people call and discuss exactly what they need - 

they have a wealth of info as to what systems specifically came on cars i.e. factory changes and such - 

and they offer things like "concours" package which has technically accurate hangers as opposed to simply functional, and then they can ceramic coat the flanges, they offer zinc coated clamps, etc etc...    so its not just "1 1970 Monte Carlo system pls"

as for price - my Chambered system for my Camaro was like 1600-1800 with the concours package, heat riser, ceramic coated flanges, and shipping... so definably not cheap... but when it comes to being perfect - there simply is no comparison......     

And for sure - when its performance you are after,  a good aftermarket mandrel bent system is far superior in terms of performance (sound is subjective so i won't go there) but if you are doing a high dollar resto with manifolds and want every detail correct... these guys are it.

Thanks

Aaro

I am going to go with Gardner myself. I am going to get the same tail pipes, 69 Chevelle and tips as Sam. It will be a little over 1K. I printed off pictures of the underside of Sam's car. The system is excellent as far as I'm concerned and it looked to fit perfectly.

John S

• Like 1

If you bought it then had it sent to someone in the US then took a road trip and installed it in the US, would that help?

Bruce

Just thought of something....a thousand USD is like a kazzillion CDN...and another kazzillion for shipping and duty. :(

what part of Ontario are you in?  I'm in Allen Park, which is 15 minutes south of the bridge....

maybe Eric will give us a deal on 2 systems...  probably not  but you could ship it to my place if that would help

I used D&A Old School Automotive for my SS. I did it I think 3 years ago. They were MUCH cheaper than Gardner. I can't say about concourse quality because I don't know concourse. But I can say my head pipes were original GM and the D&A head pipes were spot on. Every bend, bulge, and dent. The system was a breeze to install. I may have taken some picks of them laying side by side. I'll see if I can find them. Dale

http://daoldschoolautomotive.com/montecarlo.html

I used D&A Old School Automotive for my SS. I did it I think 3 years ago. They were MUCH cheaper than Gardner. I can't say about concourse quality because I don't know concourse. But I can say my head pipes were original GM and the D&A head pipes were spot on. Every bend, bulge, and dent. The system was a breeze to install. I may have taken some picks of them laying side by side. I'll see if I can find them. Dale

http://daoldschoolautomotive.com/montecarlo.html