center cap and ring set?

I was wandering who was a good source for a new center cap and trim ring set for my rallys. I wasnt sure who had the best prices at this point and wandering who you all ordered from?

Man I must be getting close asking this question huh???

Tony

the only one i got was the passage front since the org one wouldnt stay on the rim with out duck tape wraped around. becareful when u order the center cap they do make plastic ones, and ones with the bow tie in rhe center of the cap.

Yea I dont want the plastic, as far as whats in the center of the cap, Im not sure which way Ill go, I dont need original look, just want something nice

Tony

Ian: wow are those $70 EACH?? Glad I don't need them!

Though Greg is hitting the meets for new beauty rings - original kind with the clips on them.

I saw them today White72... I just hate to but that stuff without seeing it. It says its not plastic, and it does look good in pics......Hmmmmm

Tony

I got an NOS derby set on Ebay for 200 bucks recently-I see them pop up on there from time to time. I also got my trim ring set on there as well. Can't remember the seller, but the fit and finish is excellent. If you don't have any luck on ebay, I know Classic Muscle sells the sets as well. Good luck!

Tony, your car would look awesome with the chrome corvette rallys and then all you would need is the center cap. I, like Robert, did not go with the derby cap, but went with the smaller profile "disc brake" cap. Best place to go is Summit Racing. They will have it in stock better than anyone else. And yes, these puppies ain't cheap but they look great.

Those ebay ones look like the plastic ones I used to have. I did not like them myself since they seemed to get marked up easily and did not look very nice after a while. The center part of the cap was also slightly shorter than the original ones.

I have seen the reproduction ones with the bowtie in the middle and they look pretty nice if you aren't worried about originality. They are likely cheaper than the ones that look like the original caps.

I got an original GM set that is in perfect shape other than the black is faded on the ribs of the cap. Paid 50 bucks so Im happy!

I need trim rings now, tires are in and wheels are painted, hopefully mounted on monday morning! I cant wait to see it with nice wheels and tires on it finally!

• 4 weeks later...

Tony,

I bought a set of these from David's Rally Wheels.

http://home.comcast.net/~gdevenne/newparts.html

They are extremely close to the original rings. They have different clipping mechanisms and are thinner materials (alot more flex than the original)

You cannot beat the price.

Check Ebay Item number: 180137790762

Greg