Window Felt Special Moulding Trim Question

70 Iron

The stainless trim that runs on top of the door and side window where the window felts attach to ,Was this special mldg available for the 70 M/C? I found a set at the bone yard today and planning to return tomorrow to remove them.I have seen them on 72s but not sure if 70-71s had them. Thanks

Terry

I've seen those moldings on 70-72, but I believe only came standard on the Customs of 1972 cool

Hard to find molding, I would recommend picking it up. I like that wide molding.

I like the looks of them also,I put them on a black 71 that I had a few years ago. Ausley's has the felts for them for 89.00.I will go for them tomorrow! Thanks

Terry

My 71 had them on it originally, I dont remember the actual code on the build sheet, but they are original. The window felts for them are different, there is no chrome bead on the felt. I got my felts from Oldmusclecars.com

I like the looks of the chrome there, breaks up all that green nicely!!

Ps, you still hanging out in yards around here Terry?? laugh Its finally warming up and staying light longer, Ill be out to Airville soon!

I have them on all 3 of my montes, 2 70's and 1 72 custom. I believe they were an option on 70s and 71s and were part of the 72 Custom package.

The window felts are definately different for these moldings.

Mike

Went to the yard today and removed the mldgs,They are in great shape but will have to replace the fuzzies with the special ones.How was the fit on the ones you guys bought?Also do you need to drill the additional holes in the door lip where these fasten ?

Yes Tony,still hanging at the bone yards,Isn't Retirement GREAT!

They call me the "Junk Yard Dog " in these parts.

Head that 71 west,The salt is about gone and getting warmer!

TERRY

Guest 71SSMC

The code is B85 BELT REVL. MLDG.

They came on my 71 SS you can get new fuzzies they are different for the wide moldings. Some places refer to them as special moldings for ordering new fuzzies.

Glad to hear they fit nice Scott,sometimes the repo parts give you a little trouble. "as we all know"!

Thanks for the code # Darrell, Also Love that color combo and year + an SS "WOW". All info is appreciated Guys.

Tony,I checked out Oldmusclecars.com and they have two different sets for the special mldgs,The first set they don't recomend Part #RWFS-345 69.95 and The second which they say is better, Part# OWFS-345,Which one did you buy?I think the second one is more original look.They cost a little more but not much.

My fuzzies are in great original shape but these mldgs will have to be installed,Like you guys say it adds a nice look .

Terry

Terry, I just checked my reciepts, I actually got that set from Musclecarsonly.com

the part # was KT42000, it was an entire kit for 225 bucks, the part # on the molding felts alone was RP45000, description was 70-72 Monte Carlo Side Glass Window Seals WSM (with special molding)

Here is a direct LINK $75.

That is a real good place also, I have used them a bunch. Rob Peters turned me on to them, I asked for Jim. I do remember having to trim one of the door ones because it was a bit too long, I trimmed a small amount off of it, but other than that they were real nice.

You made me look through my file of reciepts and see how much Ive spent over the years Terry lol

Actually, it reminds me of all the work that went into it, and its almost time to drive again!! Good bye winter and salt, Hello cruise nights and car shows!!!!!!!!!! And just plain cruising cool

I really like them to Steve,especialy on a triple Black they realy stand out.

Sorry to put all that stress on you Tony!! lol, I keep all my receipts and look back from time to time,This hobby isn't cheap is it?

What is the average price of these used mldgs if you can find them? I belive I got a great deal on these,20.00 and also a bag of other trinkets for this price.

Terry

I should have the new felts next week ,but in no hurry to install them.There were 5 badly picked thru Montes at this yard but the only one that had this option. It was a 72.

Terry

The felts arrived from musclecaronly but there's a problem with the right door one,I have the other 3 on,{the mldgs} but this one has the holes with the bent tabs punched to low allowing the felt to fit higher,even with the top instead under the lip to where it should.I am waiting to here from Jim on what they are going to do,He said no matter what he will straighten it out.I could take a little "3/16" of metal from the bottom of the slots in the mldgs, but would much rather get one to fit.

Terry

Glad it worked out for you (almost)

The right side is the one that was a bit long for me too, check that Terry. Its a little hard on the fingers bending them tabs over aint it lol

I'm still waiting for them to get back with me,I'm glad that the Monte isn't torn apart waiting,I think the right thing for them to have done were to send new ones without question and pickup the ones in question. The right door side seems a little to long also Tony,but I'll wait until they contact me on what they are going to do and until I try them before I cut. Those tabs you're talking about are hard on the thumbs,but I used a piece of wood trim frown

Terry

Hi all,

Here it is SAT. and still haven't heard from Jim from muscle cars only,I even emailed him and still no answer, If you have been following the earlier post ,you know of the problem with the felts, Am I asking too much from them to have this problem taken care of as soon as possible? This upsets me when they take so long to correct such a small item and not to except returns with out question. His answer to my problem was,he doesn't make them ,just sells them and will have to call the manufacture to see if they had any other problem,Meanwhile I'm waiting .I know some of you guys speak highly of them and I am not trying to disagree with your service,but this is my story.

Replies please,pos or neg. Thanks

Terry