Check out my Monster....

stickshift

Nice...I like it... cool

I like those wheels and hood scoop on your monte, then again I'm race oriented... smile

How's the steering wheel on the hands after a long drive? Do I hear a noisy gear drive in there... grin

Bill

I lost a finger in one of those steering wheels once!

I really like that exhaust exit and tips. Actually everything looks very nice with the car!

Nice

My monster small block has,just to name a few, a Pete Jackson Noisy gear drive, 480 lift Comp cam, ported & polished 041 heads,1.5 roller rockers, K. Motion valve springs, Dart intake, Holley 650 double pumper, MSD 6AL, Blackjack headers, 2.5 exhaust w/X-pipe and single chamber race Flowmasters, and custom side exhaust exits, Super T10 four speed w/Centerforce dual friction clutch kit,Hurst comp shifter w/pistal grip, 3.55 Richmond geared rear end, Tangerine pearl coat paint w/gold flake and four coats of clear, and an aero hood scoop. I am not sure what my next modification will be. I thought about building a big block but gas prices are too high. I might just continue to modify my small block. Thanks for the responses guys. What do you think would be the best next move, a big block, a turbo, or a procharger???

stickshift.. nice smile i'm using a similar setup in my smallblock smile

i have a split pattern cam tho.. 214/224° @ .050 .442/.465 lift.

I have slightly ported (port matched exhaust side) stock '72 heads.

i'm using SpeedPro flat-top forged pistons for 9.3:1 compression.

I'm using a 700r4 with 3.55/posi (factory 10bolt) and i have far more power then I have traction thru 1st gear lol (there is no such thing as too much power)

so right now I'm figureing on about 350hp.. I bet you are a bit more with that bigger cam and better heads.

What intake are you running? and how do you like that Double-Pumper? I'm using a holley 600 vac. secondary.

if you are concerend about gas prices, a turbo would be the way to go.. they don't hit you in the gas tank unless you bury your foot into it.

The intake that I am running on my Munster 72 is a Dart airgap. It is identical to Edelbrock's RPM Airgap, but it is made by Dart. My Holley 650 double pumper gives a lot of power on demand. I had to do a lot of adjusting to make it streetable, but once I got the bugs worked out, it proved to be one of the best carbs I have ever had, and I have had Holley 750 duel line, Holley 600 vacuum secondary, Quadrajet, and Edelbrock 750 performer but I really love my 650 double pumper. I have not had my car on a dyno yet but my guess would be 400 hp or more. I am curious to see what my 1/4 mile ET is. I have not ran it at the track yet but I am planning on testing it out at the local track later on this summer. I am looking for a stronger rear end with a lower gear before I run it. My rear end is the factory 10 bolt single traction modified with Richmond 3.55 gears. I will probably replace it with a 3.73 or 4.11 geared 12 bolt posi unit.I would also like to beef up the bottom half of my engine a bit more before I hit the track. My 350 is powerful with good torque, but I thought about stroking it. I think stroking my 350 could be an option. What do you guys think about the stroker engines???

i figure I'm making close to 350hp with my setup.. so your 400 guess is pretty close.

you should be able to run mid-high 13's if you can hook up wink

best I've done so far is 14.8 with smoking the tires thru 1st gear.

tim not to make u mad but i just ran ur motor on my dynosim and it only shows you make 300hp at 4500 rpms and then it falls after that. but u are making some good torque @ 1500 rpm's u are making 426 lbs of tq. by 2000 epms u have made the most torque at @448 lbs of torque. thats based off the infor u posted. if u advance ur timming to 1 u will down the hp down to 293hp but ur torque will go up to 450.

That'a a pretty respectable torque number. I bet it feels good in the "seat of the pants". With those numbers you can probably get good 1/4 mile times by just leaving the trans in drive.