Torque Converter to Flywheel Torque spec

snomobeelr

New Torque converter, rebuilt th400 and , new flex plate . This torque converter that was built for transmission it uses Bolt and nut it does not thread into the converter. Ordered ARP  230-7303 bolt set  that  7- 1/16  x 20 thread and 1 1/4 long  .  Per ARP Torque value  instructions they are to be torqued at 80 ft lbs.  Seemed like a lot although I am no engineer.  Flex pate to Crank was 60.   Anyone else done this or know?   

Thanks  

ARP Torque Values.html

Call ARP tech line to get the correct value, that's what I did with the flexplate to crank bolts I got from them. Let the experts tell you exactly what their product requires. Keep in mind, depending on their tensile strength, those bolts may require a higher torque value to achieve the proper stretch, which will deliver the correct clamping force. Just a thought.

So do you guys use a swivel to torque them down? I was wondering how to get a torque wrench in there? Maybe because mine is a 10" the bolts are more difficult to reach.

I called ARP and they said per the spec sheet is Correct 80 ft lbs.  The bolts I ordered also have a 1/4 inch shoulder.   Hers a picture with my old flex plate and new torque converter. Second picture is with original bolt that was in old converter.If I measured correctly the torque converter hole is 7/16..

Torque converter hole.jpg

torque converter bolt 2.jpg