Record breaking heat out West

Canuck

Some crazy temperatures here for North of the border. A high of 43C (109F) here today. The next few days are brutal too. The highest Ive seen since moving here was 42C for one or 2 days about 12 years ago.

If there was no pandemic we all likely would have been here for the Western Meet in this heat right now.

B87D1642-AF15-4D76-99DE-3E24429CA03E.jpeg

695A95A2-9FA6-44C6-9AD0-166E886ED154.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jared Richey said:

But no humidity there lol

Come down here hehe

Yeah, your humidity out there is crazy. You can keep it, LOL

One town here in BC got up to 49C (121F) today setting a record for the hottest temperature ever recorded in Canada. It was 43C (109F) here today. I did not drive the Monte to work this week. I took the truck with AC.

I feel for you Aaron.  How high is the humidity?  Hi humidity is bad enough at 80F I could not imagine it at the temps you are getting now.

rob

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

I feel for you Aaron.  How high is the humidity?  Hi humidity is bad enough at 80F I could not imagine it at the temps you are getting now.

rob

Luckily where I live has low humidity.

That sounds yucky !!!!

It's supposed to get close to +40 here this week too, but it's a dry heat, and we've got a decent breeze going. 

I'm just wondering what nastiness is going to follow this. Last June we got that "wonderful" hailstorm. Really don't need that ever again. 

1 hour ago, Scott S. said:

That sounds yucky !!!!

It's supposed to get close to +40 here this week too, but it's a dry heat, and we've got a decent breeze going. 

I'm just wondering what nastiness is going to follow this. Last June we got that "wonderful" hailstorm. Really don't need that ever again. 

I'm lucky to work in an air conditioned office. Some businesses are actually closed for these hot days for the health of their employees. Not everyone is equipped to deal with this kind of heat.

So the small town (Lytton,BC) that had highest temperature ever recorded in Canada on Tuesday (49C, 121F) has been completely destroyed by fire over night. Very sad. Hopefully everyone made it out as the fire moved in so quickly.

• Sad 1