Can you tell if this came with factory ac from pictures? 72 Monte Carlo

Looks like factory air. The engine compartment pic shows a factory evaporator box on the left side of the firewall (which would be right side of the car in actuality). A/C cars have a different firewall than non A/C cars, unlikely someone would have went to the trouble of modifying a non-AC car to fit that equipment.

A picture of the dash HVAC controls would help, but not really necessary. It should have air conditioning stuff listed as control options, not just heat.

Yes, based upon the engine compartment picture it shows the evaporator box on the passenger side along with the Expansion Valve and POA Valve.  Another note, it has the incorrect air cleaner for a small block car.

rob

Here we go again, find the wrong part game, lol

The coolant overflow bottle, bottom left of pic was an add-on too.

• Haha 1

Ok, here we go! Lololol.

Has the a/c compressor mounting bracket on the exhaust manifold indicating, with the bracket on the passenger fender and the factory installed a/c box, what we have said.... It's a factory a/c car. What you didn't pick up on when mentioning the heater hoses, or you did, is that by the way the hose is going to the radiator, that it is the incorrect radiator installed.     

Overall a very nice complete 72. Missing a few other pieces but a very nice start. Next....

• Haha 1

I didn't even bother to mention the heater hoses, Ray Charles could have seen those were changed 🤣

• Haha 1

Ya that’s why I threw in the hose bracket on the fender. Lol. It is a nice car though. Very clean and complete. Pulling the compressor and hoses was not that uncommon. May we have to look for an engine swap. Hmmm.   

I just looked at it again. That is a great example of an intact car. All the hoses are properly fastened on the wells. The wiring is not all butchered, etc. Very nicely kept. Other than missing wheel well molding the body is really nice. I’d buy that for the right price. 

On 11/22/2021 at 3:03 PM, Rob Peters said:

Yes, based upon the engine compartment picture it shows the evaporator box on the passenger side along with the Expansion Valve and POA Valve.  Another note, it has the incorrect air cleaner for a small block car.

rob

On 11/22/2021 at 2:45 PM, Canuck said:

I agree with Joe. Appears to be a factory AC car.

On 11/22/2021 at 6:28 PM, Dtret said:

I just looked at it again. That is a great example of an intact car. All the hoses are properly fastened on the wells. The wiring is not all butchered, etc. Very nicely kept. Other than missing wheel well molding the body is really nice. I’d buy that for the right price. 

Thanks for the reply and the information. 

What do you think it is worth as is based on the pictures assuming it runs and drives with no hidden major issues?