72 Monte Seatbelts

MrDavie

Hey all, so cruised around today for about an hour…felt good riding in my Monte…but took me 15 minutes to squeeze the seatbelt on…any recommendations for extenders or new entire seatbelt?

Doubt a new drivers seat belt would be any longer than the original, unless it’s been modified for some reason.. I would just go to eBay or someplace like that and type in “car seatbelt extender”. Maybe come up with something temporarily.. maybe another fgmcc member knows if there are different size belts that can be ordered.. also, might could make one with the correct material... 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

OPGI sells 1 piece replacements that bolt on directly to the original mounts. a little spendy but it beats fumbling with those 2 piece belts

• Like 1

Definitely go with Morris. Everything else is a retro fit. They suck. But if you’re interested I have a set I bought for the 71, about 500 parts and nothing fits correctly. I was going to just throw them away because I didn’t want to subject anyone else to that pain. I bought the Morris and it all went together in about 10 minutes. Direct bolt in. No fabrication required, not like that other brand. And the folks at Morris were so helpful and  still gave me the FGMCC discount. Basically free shipping. 

• Like 2