R and R question, but not what you think

More crazy questions from me, looking at my build sheet, checking the rear end codes, and the radio codes

1) the B/S says RUC223  C          the rear end has  RUC223 A

2) the B/S says UMI radio am&tpe             

Why does the B/S say C and the rear have A on it????  Is the radio only am and tape or am/fm tape?????

I tried to check the codes and it says nothing about that last "C" or "A"

Thanks for the help guys

Radio would be am 8 track. No fm. 
The a/c represent the shift in which the rearend was built. 1st(a) 3rd(c). Luckily for you they just grabbed the wrong rear. It’s still a 3:31 non- posi  buffalo built on the 223 day of 71. I think it’s just a gm blunder. 

• Like 1

Not sure I agree 100% with your assessment Dennis.  Unless they did things completely different from plant to plant, the “223” would signify a February 23rd assembly date for the diff.  What’s your girls build date, Willie?  That’ll sort it out quickly. 

Mine shows a December 05th Buffalo-assembled unit on the second shift (“2”). 

FF79E0BC-B6DE-4321-84AB-DE2D5AB701A6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Not sure I agree 100% with your assessment Dennis.  Unless they did things completely different from plant to plant, the “223” would signify a February 23rd assembly date for the diff.  What’s your girls build date, Willie?  That’ll sort it out quickly. 

Mine shows a December 05th Buffalo-assembled unit on the second shift (“2”). 

FF79E0BC-B6DE-4321-84AB-DE2D5AB701A6.jpeg

You are correct for 1970, but 1971/72 was different. Dennis is correct for Willy’s car.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/resources/decodingrearaxle/

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Canuck said:

You are correct for 1970, but 1971/72 was different. Dennis is correct for Willy’s car.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/resources/decodingrearaxle/

My bad, I thought Willie also had a 70SS.  And I saw ‘CRU’, not ‘RUC’.  Sucks getting old 😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Glen said:

My bad, I thought Willie also had a 70SS.  And I saw ‘CRU’, not ‘RUC’.  Sucks getting old 😂

We’re all old. Lol. But I could still have been wrong. I may have just got lucky. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the help guys!!!

I should have stated this one is a 71SS Glenn (my fault)    The build date is 1/71 from door sticker (no longer there)

On the B/S i have a few different places that might have the correct date,

in box 10) 01 01-04??

in boxes 5&6) 1 3 13 1A??

and bottom right side box108) 1-3-13- ?? 

The Vin number is really close to these numbers, so who knows (131139)

Is there any other place i can look for the exact date she was born????

Thanks again guys for all the help, You certainly learn something new here every day!!!

I just reread Dennis's post, and if the rear end is correct that means something is fishy? If she was built 1/71 (door sticker) 

How could the rear be built on the 223 day of 1971?  Maybe 1970?

1 hour ago, willie said:

I just reread Dennis's post, and if the rear end is correct that means something is fishy? If she was built 1/71 (door sticker) 

How could the rear be built on the 223 day of 1971?  Maybe 1970?

I meant to add this. If it’s an early production car 223 could be August of 70. Using 71 production numbers. But I do find it odd that an August rearend would still be around for a January built car. 

Box 10 is the scheduled build date. So you’re car was scheduled to be built on 01/04/1971. Mine was scheduled on 09/12/70 but was built on 09/18. If I remember correctly. Obviously the build sheet would have to be printed first so the gm employees knew how to build the car. So the dates will be close but not perfect. 

9 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I meant to add this. If it’s an early production car 223 could be August of 70. Using 71 production numbers. But I do find it odd that an August rearend would still be around for a January built car. 

Yes, for a 1970 production year the julian date would start with Jan 1, 1969. The 3.31 was not a very common rear gear for the Monte so possibly the plant built a bunch of 3.31 rear ends in August and there were still some available in January.

• Like 1

Thanks Again guys. Just trying to put these pieces together. It's nice for everything to fall into place when you are not sure or in my case did not know. It's always much better to get taught so you know for the next one. (that's a lot of b/s i will forget again by then and will be asking here again) lol  

It's pretty cool with this car though, it has a readable Build Sheet, a P O P, some other paperwork, but most of all its a true "SS". 

Thanks Again for the help guys.

15 minutes ago, willie said:

Thanks Again guys. Just trying to put these pieces together. It's nice for everything to fall into place when you are not sure or in my case did not know. It's always much better to get taught so you know for the next one. (that's a lot of b/s i will forget again by then and will be asking here again) lol  

It's pretty cool with this car though, it has a readable Build Sheet, a P O P, some other paperwork, but most of all its a true "SS". 

Thanks Again for the help guys.

Oh I know the feeling of which you speak. It was a very relieving day when all the important numbers on the BS and POP finally made sense and ultimately matched their respective components on the car.  The only numbers I haven’t been able to have any luck with deciphering are the ones pictured. I’ve seen other POP’s with these same numbers and although that section of my build sheet is toast, it almost looks like they appear in the boxes adjacent to the dealership the car was ordered by/delivered to.  Anybody got any input on these numbers?

D740E42E-F56C-43B5-AABB-D156CE4CE100.png