Good news and fixed my truck

MonteLady

Good news at work and fixed a problem with my truck.First my friend Ashley and I were called in by her dad which we work for.He is retiring next year and turned down a buyout.He knows us well,we work together at the auto repair shop he owns.Decided he knew we would run it very well and good to the customers and our co workers.Ashley and I were pick to own it.Going to happen in June of next year.Finally got my truck in,a 2018 Chevy Silverado 1/2 ton 4x4.Started having a torque converter shudder last week.Did not have much to do,did a fluid change in the transmission which fixed it.Used the Mobil 1 hp lv atf flushing the cooler and lines good first.Changed the filter as well taking the pan off.Her dad was cool about it.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Great news on both fronts! Congratulations to you both!!

Exciting.Ashley and I have been good friends for 30 years.A lot of good memories since we met at 13 years old.That transmission problem,we are allies with a transmission repair shop and told me it was the dexron 6 causing the shudders.Told me change the fluid to the Mobil 1 lv hp blue label atf.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MonteLady said:

Exciting.Ashley and I have been good friends for 30 years.A lot of good memories since we met at 13 years old.That transmission problem,we are allies with a transmission repair shop and told me it was the dexron 6 causing the shudders.Told me change the fluid to the Mobil 1 lv hp blue label atf.

Reminds of the time me and my best HS bud Jimmy done come across an abandoned Yamaha 250 when we was out plinking rabbits and birds on the BN tracks just down the road a piece from the Waffle House.  We wasn’t sure if the old girl belonged to anybody so we took her home piece by piece over a months time til we had it all and no one knew she was even missing. Jimmys uncle Bubba was fresh out of the joint after doing a 3 piece for larceny and learned how to fix dirt bikes, cut hair and tattoo while “on vacation” 😉. He had that bad Oscar purring like Granny’s kitty at bingo night at the VFW before you could say incest. Me and Jimmy took turns taking that Yamaha home on weekends until he got hooked on the booger sugar and traded her for an 8 ball. It sucked going back to my old Schwinn Swinger, but it was better than walking everywhere wearing handy me down bell bottoms donated by a local homeless shelter. Thanks for the walk down memory lane. 

• Like 2