Shaved door handles anyone?

BobW

13 hours ago, BobW said:

I've seen those on his show. Very nice, but pricy $$, plus the install...

pricey is an understatement 🤣 And how do you lock your doors? My Cougar has what I'll call semi-ish shaved handles 

image.thumb.png.0e8634d4cc18b11eba9afc643b0acb1d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DragCat said:

pricey is an understatement 🤣 And how do you lock your doors?

With the shaved doors & solenoids, opening a door is in-accessable, no need for locking mechanism. Besides, with the hardtop window configuration I could pop the lock in 10 seconds! Or 20 if I were fishing for the interior handle.

The subtle exterior mod will tie in with what I'm doing interior-wise. Power buckets with integral 3 point harness from a 2021 Chrysler 200 convertible, recovered in the stock Saddle Tan with a darker suede insert. Rear seat inserted to match. B&M Mega shifter with a custon built console.

4 hours ago, BobW said:

With the shaved doors & solenoids, opening a door is in-accessable, no need for locking mechanism. Besides, with the hardtop window configuration I could pop the lock in 10 seconds! Or 20 if I were fishing for the interior handle.

I thought back in the day some hot Rodgers had a push button hidden somewhere, just curious. My DD has remote power locks, but still has a key option on the drivers door. I never lock the vert, they just slash the top for an added expense 🙃

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I thought back in the day some hot Rodgers had a push button hidden somewhere, just curious. My DD has remote power locks, but still has a key option on the drivers door. I never lock the vert, they just slash the top for an added expense 🙃

My '37 Pontiac had a cable running through the door into the engine compartment. I never locked my Valiant convertible either. The kit I'm looking at has 2 buttons that can be hidden for access if the fob battery goes bad. Never had that issue on the '37.

I had shaved door handles on a 90 5.0 mustang I built. It was cool but became a hassle as time passed.. I locked myself out (sometimes with it running) at least 50 times over the years.. finally the emergency “pop” switch went out and I was locked out in the ghetto area of Reno. I don’t know how many times I had the key fob in my pocket and hit the release button by accident and came out to a door or two open wide in the parking lot. The worst one was I popped the door by accident on a steep hill and the door flew open and smashed the side of a 58 mercury hardtop..  I changed the setup to a double pop so it had to be pressed twice to fully release but I would never do it again.

3 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Did you see the picture in local cruises and events? It was just put up today.

1 hour ago, DragCat said:

image.png.5030740471fdcfaf6469b030af81383a.png

Thanks guys, exactly what I was looking for, right color too!  👍

• Like 2