Veteran Status

So we've decided to try something that they have on another automobile forum I'm a member of (Mark knows which one 😁).

They offered to put up a badge (similar to our 5-year, 10-year, etc) for members who are Military Veterans. Theirs is a little more confusing with different colors to represent the different branches of the service. It's also quite a lot more work with our system to do that for every branch of the service.

As a quick and dirty test, we're going to start with something members can do themselves thru editing your profiles. We're not going to check DD-214's to verify, it's an honor system. It's also been added to the registration page as an optional field when joining the club.

Below are a few screenshots of what you can do to add this, and if anyone has any trouble, just ask & we can do it for you real easy.

Thanks to all for your sacrifices and service.

First start on your profile page & hit 'Edit Profile"

Veteran1a.jpg

Next, select the branch of service from the dropdown box in the 'Veteran' category

Veteran-a.jpg

You should then see this on your profile page:

Veteran2a.jpg

And this should be the final result when posting on the forum. It will probably be visible on PC mainly, but let me know if it works on iPhones or tablets

Veteran4a.jpg

This is what the other place uses, but with enough time and effort something better could be designed for use here, if we decide to go in that direction. But as mentioned, our system would be more difficult to implement that.

Veteran3.JPG

• Like 1

Great Idea. Can you add a "not applicable" option and make it default to that selection. Otherwise everyone has a notification to complete their profile.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Great Idea. Can you add a "not applicable" option and make it default to that selection. Otherwise everyone has a notification to complete their profile.

Sent you a PM

• Like 1

Maybe it's a 'one & done' thing because we added a new 'profile' option to the list. If anyone is experiencing a repeat issue every time you log in, please let me know. Thx.

***  Another member just confirmed that if you 'dismiss' the profile update request, it should be good on the next login.

I appreciate the gesture honoring our veterans . I am sometimes humbled to be included with a group or men and women that gave everything they had for our country. I'd be remiss if I didn't add the K9's in the group. 

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 2

I think its a Great idea!!!        I respect each and every one of you for giving what you did, or are doing, for my family and I. 

But i can't check any of those boxes. I don't know how or why but was never called so just kept working. 

Thank All of You!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thank You! 1

Started to join the Air Force in 1967, got my preinduction notice from the draft board. Went and took the physical and flunked the preinduction physical so the Air Force did not want me either

• Sad 2