Monte Carlo Launch..

Mo's70MCs

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MCMIKE1972
Ok, what happened here? Talk about launching! lol What broke? looks like the driveshaft. youtube How about this 9 sec Monte.. the end of the video might shock you!!

That's my red 7 second '72 Monte from You Tube.Nothing broke on that run just blew the tire away and winged the motor to 9300 rpm.I pulled it over just to check things out. Next pass went 7.92 @ 176.

Originally Posted By: Mo's70Mcs
Ok, what happened here? Talk about launching! lol What broke? looks like the driveshaft. youtube How about this 9 sec Monte.. the end of the video might shock you!!

That's my red 7 second '72 Monte from You Tube.Nothing broke on that run just blew the tire away and winged the motor to 9300 rpm.I pulled it over just to check things out. Next pass went 7.92 @ 176.

Hey Mike..

I've watched the clip a couple of times and see something flying across the screen.. you got a quick one there. Give us some background about yourself & the car don't forget pictures we like pictures. whistle How did you find us? Welcome aboard!

Rod

Guest MCMIKE1972
Originally Posted By: MCMIKE1972
Originally Posted By: Mo's70Mcs

Hey Mike..

I've watched the clip a couple of times and see something flying across the screen.. you got a quick one there. Give us some background about yourself & the car don't forget pictures we like pictures. whistle How did you find us? Welcome aboard!

Rod

I don't see anything flying, if there is it didn't come off my car.I've actually been a member here for 7-8 years and had to change screen name etc.I've owned the car since 1977,bought it as a senoir in H.S.Raised my family in it and speed just progressed.When kids were little we cruised every Friday and Saturday nights.3 kids in the back seat and 1 in the front between my wife and me.Car ran 9.40's back then,I eventually went 8.30's @ #3700 with bench seats front and rear.NHRA and SFI ruined that for me and rules dictated a funny car cage which made me remove the seats.I still have complete stock dash,interior etc. and have gone 7.89 @ 179mph.I tried to post new t-shirts but couldn;t cut and paste for some reason.

Mike

quite impressive!

What's your combo?

Or my favorite. . . "Is that a 3/4 or a Full cam!?" lol I'm not even sure what that means but every once in a while I get that question from some older gents!

I've seen many, but your car is HANDS DOWN the baddest racecar I've ever seen! Your Monte RAAWKS!!!

What class do you run in? You shooting for Pro Mod? Thats what I first thought it was. 1972 Pro Modified...man that would be sweet. Looks like your already there and beat me to it!

You ever come down to Texas to run?

Looked a little closer and your running Super Stock, so nevermind that question. confused

Guest MCMIKE1972
I've seen many, but your car is HANDS DOWN the baddest racecar I've ever seen! Your Monte RAAWKS!!!

What class do you run in? You shooting for Pro Mod? Thats what I first thought it was. 1972 Pro Modified...man that would be sweet. Looks like your already there and beat me to it!

You ever come down to Texas to run?

Looked a little closer and your running Super Stock, so nevermind that question. confused

I race local 10.5 (Super Street)races in the Chicago area.It's a 598" with a fogger system.I'm going to San Antonio though on Saturday for work.It'll be my first time in Texas.I saw they have an Alamo City Outlaw shootout Sat. at San Antonio Raceway,how far is that from Riverwalk?

SAR is a little ways out from the Riverwalk but not too far. You could be there in no time...

I'm always ready to meet members so if you want to get together I'll send you my number in a PM. First time to Texas, huh? I think you'll like it down here, we're getting a small cold front this weekend but the weather should be perfect.

Well it looks like the drags this weekend will run till 2am, But unfortunately they will only be running 1/8 mile. Should still be pretty good racing though, theres a few real fast local cars.

Guest MCMIKE1972
Hey Mike,

What is your standard strip in Chicagoland? Ever come out to Joliet?

I race in the "Nitrous Street Car Brawl" series which has 6 races at Union Grove and then the finals are held at Byron on the Wheelstand Nationals weekend.I do test at Rt.66 though.