Front suspension

Energizerlehman61

With the qa1 coilovers you can set the ride height to whatever you like. I would not spend the money on dropped spindles. Use that money elsewhere. 

You should be able to get a front end alignment. I have tubular arms and qa1 coilovers on Big Red and on my son's 69 GTO convert. Both got alignments afterwards. 

I also recommend the thrust washer kit for between the lower coil and lower nut of the coilovers for way easier adjustments. 

Sounds a little stiff but obviously install them and find out. You could always adjust them long  to have less pressure. Adjust, drive, repeat. Lol. Both Big Red and the 69 GTO convertible have 450 lb springs. 

Sometimes the "perches" are pulled in from tightening the bolts. I usually use a hammer and give each one a couple of "whacks" to open them up a little. Quickest and easiest solution. 

You could also get a threaded rod, 2 nuts and 2 large washers and put the rod through the hole with the washer and nut on the inside of the perches and spread them to the desired space apart. 

Just 2 of many choices. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Energizerlehman61 said:

Thank you again and looking forward to being a member. The help definitely makes me feel welcome! 

Hey Randy,

Glad it all worked out for you!

In regards to membership, the link with the particulars to become a full member is below. If you have any questions or problems, don't hesitate to ask, we can walk you right thru the process.

Joe T

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/membership/joinpage/

7 minutes ago, Energizerlehman61 said:

Just got done signing up for membership 👍

Fantastic!

Rob will process the payment and you should see the change in status after that.

Thank you for helping to keep this place going!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jft69z said:

Fantastic!

Rob will process the payment and you should see the change in status after that.

Thank you for helping to keep this place going!

Done, you are set.  You should have an email from me requesting needed info from you.  

You could give her a test drive over to Carlisle, PA for a large Mini-Meet there from the 22nd to 25th of this month.

rob

• Like 2