Ford Forum now?

jft69z

Since there seems to be an influx of Ford pics on our forum lately, I thought I'd share a few pics.

I got to see a car today that I did a full restoration on in the late 90's. It's a '69 Cougar Eliminator, 351, auto, with sunroof. Took about a year and a half, and so much welding that I used 1-1/2, eleven pound spools of MIG wire. I painted it with DuPont base/clear in 1998 and it looks as good now, as it did 25 years ago. It has held up extremely well.

After they dropped it off at my shop, I went out there later and asked myself, "what the he!! was I thinking", lol

20230807_101152.jpg

20230807_101214.jpg

img062.jpg

img057.jpg

img056.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Not necessarily a fan of the "baby cats" but gotta 👍 on the workmanship. I'm just going to blame Glen for al this blue oval stuff 🤣

Thanks guys, it was a lot of metal work. It needed new floors, trunk floor, 3 of the 4 engine compartment panels, patches on the fenders, etc. 

I'm not a fan of those either, but also ended up doing a few mustangs after that too. A couple were the newer Mustang GT's, with all those plastic ground effect panels on every part of the car. Hated them too.

20 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Thanks guys, it was a lot of metal work. It needed new floors, trunk floor, 3 of the 4 engine compartment panels, patches on the fenders, etc. 

I'm not a fan of those either, but also ended up doing a few mustangs after that too. A couple were the newer Mustang GT's, with all those plastic ground effect panels on every part of the car. Hated them too.

Gotta draw the line on working on mousetangs 😝 but I'll let it slide THIS TIME 🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Gotta draw the line on working on mousetangs 😝 but I'll let it slide THIS TIME 🤣

That's why I refer to them as "Sh**stangs"

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DragCat said:

Not necessarily a fan of the "baby cats" but gotta 👍 on the workmanship. I'm just going to blame Glen for al this blue oval stuff 🤣

I’m a bad influence at times. But that car is sharp, can’t argue that. 

• Like 2