GM - UAW cruise at the Delphi plant

jft69z

Saw only one first gen at the show yesterday.

The owner was not around. Yes, I did leave a club card in the car, hopefully he'll call me to join up.

20230819_115740.jpg

• Like 6

Another show this morning, and only one first gen. He's a member though (I got him signed up a couple years ago 🙂).

20230820_102739.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, willie said:

Both nice cars Joe!!!! I am surprised there were only 1 and 1 there??

Even the weekly cruise night tomorrow,  that averages 600+ cars,  usually only has one, maybe.

21 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Guess that made our appearance at Syracuse nationals look great!

Absolutely.

• Like 2

Saw this one at the big weekly cruise tonight. Spoke to him for quite a bit, and he's had it since 1980 if I recall. He was a member of the old MC club, and gave him the details of our club & my number. Sounds like he may call and possibly join.

Paul, with the black '72 above was there as well.

Spoke to another ex-Monte owner who is looking for his old one (he knows where it is located, but hasn't been able to reach the current owner). Anyways, met him a couple years ago when I first brought mine out and we keep talking about him coming to Carlisle, etc. Firmed it up tonight, he's coming over this week sometime to get him signed up as a full member and maybe get a room reserved for Carlisle too. 

20230821_191523.jpg

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this one tonight at the weekly Wurlitzer factory cruise night. 

Second owner car (he picked it up a week ago actually), 21K miles, 350/250 hp, originally purchased at a local dealer from a salesman that eventually went on to became one of the larger dealers here.

All the documentation such as protect-o-plate, invoice, sales tags, etc. 

I talked to Matt for a bit & gave him the info to join here. He did happen to mention that he may be selling the car, but no firm decision, or mention of cost.

20230911_180539.jpg

20230911_181026.jpg

20230911_181052.jpg

20230911_181055.jpg

20230911_181140.jpg

20230911_181221.jpg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

That is a clean looking Monte, no idea of what he wants for it?

No. I have his number though if someone was seriously interested.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, willie said:

Nice find Joe, you could use another!!!   But i know its the wrong color!!!

Wrong year & color 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Wrong year & color 😁

Blue is never wrong,  when I was looking for mine I was looking for a 70 (first year) or a 72 (the year I graduated from high school) I ended up with a brown 71. It didn't stay brown for long 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Met another gentleman last night at the Monday cruise night. Real nice car with a lot of options. Funny, as we're talking, he mentions he saw a bunch of Montes all together at Syracuse this past few months, I told him that was us 😁. There's also a Carlisle sticker on the windshield, but that's from one of their spring or fall events.

Turns out a couple of his buddies are also Monte owners, so the plan is to get them all signed up & join us next year at Syracuse, and hopefully at our Carlisle event as well. 

20230918_174720.1.jpg

• Like 6

Just now, Rob Peters said:

Definitely get them to Carlisle too.  We need to break our record of 53 first gen Monte's at an Eastern Meet.

rob

I'm going to try.

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1