RockAuto Magnet

colonel

Thanks guys.

Last October I decided to check how Rockauto got the cars they put on the magnets and it was as easy as sending in some appropriate pics so I did. 

Got an email from them mid August saying my Monte had been selected,  which I was rather happy to hear, and a few weeks later they arrived.

I would have thought there were some other members that had been selected by now.  You do have to send in the pics as they don't send people out to car shows to find the cars and I'm pretty sure they want to see you have purchased at least some parts from them for your Monte.

There are certainly many cars in this group that are worthy of being on one of their magnets.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, colonel said:

Thanks guys.

Last October I decided to check how Rockauto got the cars they put on the magnets and it was as easy as sending in some appropriate pics so I did. 

Got an email from them mid August saying my Monte had been selected,  which I was rather happy to hear, and a few weeks later they arrived.

I would have thought there were some other members that had been selected by now.  You do have to send in the pics as they don't send people out to car shows to find the cars and I'm pretty sure they want to see you have purchased at least some parts from them for your Monte.

There are certainly many cars in this group that are worthy of being on one of their magnets.

Good info, I had no idea they did that. I'm going to have to go through my photo's now, and yes the blue oval too 🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Glen said:

Very cool. It being #454 in their series is serendipitous confirmation that you now need to buy an SS. At least that’s how I would justify it 😂🤣

NOT trashing Vicky Glen.......but if ya had a cooler work vehicle and it was a bow tie (yea I'm partial to suburbans) you could try too 

image.png.2055755c21cfb581e8b18c46d9f3456b.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, DragCat said:

NOT trashing Vicky Glen.......but if ya had a cooler work vehicle and it was a bow tie (yea I'm partial to suburbans) you could try too 

I’d also prefer a Chevy. Had an unmarked black Tahoe when I processed crime scenes. So much more roomy and comfortable. But I can’t argue with a take home company car. Ford Explorer is better than no car at all. 

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey, how about that.  Good to see.  Looks good on your fridge.

Obviously mine was not the first Monte in the collector series.  Anybody know if John is a club member?

I like your online name.  I used to be a member at a private golf club named Blackhawk.  Very nice place to play if your reasonably good at it.

What inspired you to use Blackhawk? 

I think that I met him at a show in MN and that he isn't a member.

On the username, that's a good question. I wanted an email address or username for something when I was ten and I think I chose it for the band, but it was 25 years ago so I don't quite remember. Once in a while I still get lucky enough to use the name without having to add numbers or letters when joining a site.

• Like 1