Tire brand

i spoke to someone at Coker tires and the BF Goodrich and the Firestone tires are white lettered only and over $400 a piece.  So he suggested travelstar tires. They have a 3/4 in whitewall and are about $112 a piece.         Does anyone have them, and if so are you happy with them????  

I cant see spending $2k on tires to put the white letters inside and probably 100 miles a year on them. I know some people are going to say the simple answer is to put more miles on the car. Retired and i still don't have enough time.   LOL   

The reason i am changing mine are because i don't like the look of the white letters with the PO2s.         I do like the white walls with them, but cat find anything to get.

Tkx for the help guys!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, willie said:

i spoke to someone at Coker tires and the BF Goodrich and the Firestone tires are white lettered only and over $400 a piece.  So he suggested travelstar tires. They have a 3/4 in whitewall and are about $112 a piece.         Does anyone have them, and if so are you happy with them????  

I cant see spending $2k on tires to put the white letters inside and probably 100 miles a year on them. I know some people are going to say the simple answer is to put more miles on the car. Retired and i still don't have enough time.   LOL   

The reason i am changing mine are because i don't like the look of the white letters with the PO2s.         I do like the white walls with them, but cat find anything to get.

Tkx for the help guys!!!

Sams Club and Walmart have the Tiger Paws. I think they are available on Amazon also. 

I like the white walls better. Matter of opinion, but the 215/70/ 15s look great ...  The tiger paws are wearing very well and seemed to be easy to balance without a ton of weights. I use them on all of my cars. I think you can get them in black walls too. 

Ed C.

Willie, what about reversing the tires you already have? I know they are not white walls but solid black looks better than the white letters with the PO2 hubcaps. 

Cheaper alternative. 

• Like 2

Ed i went to my Sams club, they say they don't have or carry them. He did say to come back and he will sit down with me and we will find something. Haven't gotten back there yet.

Tom and Mark, I thought about that but i bought these over 10 years ago from someone who had them for years, so i am sure there close to date, or even outdated. So my plan is to buy new with w/w put them on the 72, take these put them on the SS that i am working on while i get those rims blasted and painted. Then take them off and put them on the next car...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, willie said:

Ed i went to my Sams club, they say they don't have or carry them. He did say to come back and he will sit down with me and we will find something. Haven't gotten back there yet.

Tom and Mark, I thought about that but i bought these over 10 years ago from someone who had them for years, so i am sure there close to date, or even outdated. So my plan is to buy new with w/w put them on the 72, take these put them on the SS that i am working on while i get those rims blasted and painted. Then take them off and put them on the next car...

Now that's what I call creative tire rotation 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2