Lost Another Local Track

DragCat

Well my Va local track shut down 😡 Heard rumors but its done now. Not surprising since its happening across the country. At the moment the closest track is 2 1/2 hours away 🙃 Will have to wait till next year and see how things are. Made my first pass's in the Monte here (picture is then in the lanes) and a bunch more in the DD before that. Lots of good times. 

FirstRun.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

We know exactly how you feel Mark. Both Englishtown and then Atco dragways closed down. 

Etown was a little over 1/2 hr away, was golden! Atco about 1 1/2 hrs away. 

Now closest is Island dragway. About 1 1/2hrs also but north and in the mountains. ☹️

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

We know exactly how you feel Mark. Both Englishtown and then Atco dragways closed down. 

Now closest is Island dragway. About 1 1/2hrs also but north and in the mountains. ☹️

Tom do you ever get up to Lebanon Valley? Been there a few times for shows never ran there. The long Island crew usually go up once a year. A friend of my brothers has a 7 second alcohol dragster that runs up there too.

49 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Tom do you ever get up to Lebanon Valley? Been there a few times for shows never ran there. The long Island crew usually go up once a year. A friend of my brothers has a 7 second alcohol dragster that runs up there too.

I have not been there yet. I have heard the long island crew favors that track. Maybe if a bunch are going, and I'm invited, well, you know. Lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

They usually do to muscle paloza which is on a holiday weekend I'm usually camping but we'll see what next year brings.

Yes, I believe it's either Labor day or Memorial day. Either way, we have huge family/friend BBQs at Kevin's house.

This year, 2024 will be 100 years the family has had the BBQs at that location. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Yes, I believe it's either Labor day or Memorial day. Either way, we have huge family/friend BBQs at Kevin's house.

This year, 2024 will be 100 years the family has had the BBQs at that location. 

Yup that's definitely the type of thing you can't skip for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thank You! 1

4 hours ago, DragCat said:

Well my Va local track shut down 😡 Heard rumors but its done now. Not surprising since its happening across the country. At the moment the closest track is 2 1/2 hours away 🙃 Will have to wait till next year and see how things are. Made my first pass's in the Monte here (picture is then in the lanes) and a bunch more in the DD before that. Lots of good times. 

FirstRun.jpeg

That's a shame ....I'm sure good memories at the track....luckily we have one 20 minutes from me.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that mark, luckily there’s two about an hour each away from me. And a huge one at beach bend in bowling green western Ky. Maybe a new one will open up there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Searsman said:

Sorry to hear that mark, luckily there’s two about an hour each away from me. And a huge one at beach bend in bowling green western Ky. Maybe a new one will open up there.

Beach Bend is a nice facility 

• Like 2

On 10/27/2023 at 7:38 PM, MC1of80 said:

Yea, I lost Moroso down here in Fl right when I finished my Monte which was about an hour away 🙃and now this. Ive heard some good feedback on Summerduck in Va which is about 2 1/2 so we'll se what happens next year. Also maybe VMP which is about the same distance. Good thing I picked up a diesel for towing 🤣

• Like 2

On 10/27/2023 at 6:28 PM, DragCat said:

FirstRun.jpeg

Sorry to hear Mark. Where is this?

Tom, You and the boys are always welcome wherever we are. Always an open invitation !! You just need to get out or off of Staten Italy and come join us. The Syracuse Nationals would be a great place to join and experience with us and other FGMCC members. Loads of vehicles, fun and antics for you. Yes, Musclepalooza or Musclemania (whatever they are now calling it) is on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend. Unfortunately both would interfere with your biannual BBQ’s. Yes, Island and Lebanon Valley are now the closest tracks to us on Long Island. We do have RTNS, (Race Track, Not Street)  which is part of (LINADS) Long Island Needs A Drag Strip, and has become a seasonal (former Grumman runway used for testing F-14’s) temporary 1/8 mile “NHRA sanctioned” track in Calverton, near Riverhead NY (Long Island). They have to make their track schedule around the Piping Plover mating and birthing season (usually start up in late August and go until the end of October) and don’t allow traction compound of any kind on the track. They just completed their second season. At this point, something is better than nothing since the nearest tracks are hours away. 

• Thank You! 1

5 hours ago, sbarnette said:

Sorry to hear Mark. Where is this?

Waynesboro Va , Eastside Speedway. Used to have both circle dirt track and drag strip but they stopped the dirt track years ago. There was also Natural Bridge which still has circle dirt rack but stopped drag racing years ago before I got a chance to run there 

• Like 1