Best weather strip/seal kit?

Hey everybody! Who makes the best weather/seal kit? I see that OPG offers a complete kit. Any feedback on theirs as well would be appreciated?

You are going to get different answers from different people.  When I needed my trunk seal I ordered from Soft Seal and attempted to install it and when I did get it test fitted prior to gluing it on I tried to close the trunk it would not close down because the seal seemed too thick.  

I then ordered  a trunk seal from Metro Molded and it fit like a glove before and after I glued it in place.

Some of our members will say the same thing but reversed.  So, that is why I say you will get different answers from different people.  I thin Soft Seal and Metro Molded bot make a good product.

rob

• Like 5

I used the Precision brand for a couple of the seals as well. I had ordered Metro initially, but didn't like how they fit and found that these fit better, in some cases. I think I have pics & a comparison in my Monte build thread somewhere.

• Like 3

I appreciate the feedback gentlemen! The OPG kit does look tempting. Unfortunately it doesn't have any reviews. 

Here's a link to OPG the kit. https://www.opgi.com/gaskets-seals/weatherstrip-seals/weatherstrip-kit-stage-ii/seal-kit-1971-monte-carlo-stage-ii-repro-felts-wk5022.html

• Like 1

Soff seal on doors and ESPECIALLY roof Rails 

Metro roof Rails are made waaaaaaay to thick. And doors are too in the corners 

Their (metro) roof Rails are trash across the board from my 59 cadillac to a G body. To thick! Had to order a 2nd set for my cadillac due to terrible fit and to thick. It's a night and day difference in thickness 

(Classic industries obviously sells the metro junk on the 59 era big GM cars) :(

Trunk the metro is fine. 

• Like 3

Here are some pics of the difference. Go back a page or so, there is more discussion on the seals.

https://www.firstgenmc.com/forums/index.php?/topic/19460-new-member-i-think/&do=findComment&comment=206022

• Like 2

I bought the OPGI kit. Window felts have no rubber under them, sharp metal onto paint. Did the doors and fit good. Have not done roof rails yet was waiting for 1/4 windows rear seal to come in. 1/4 window seal with metal seems good. Trunk seal seems good. So I would not get the window felts, but quality of everything esle seems good.

• Like 1