Window felts

Tmac

does the 1970 monte window felts come with the chrome strip on the outside wiper seal? I ordered a Repops 

Replacement Felt Kit for 1970-1972 Chevy Monte Carlo w/Special Molding
Part Number : 629-MT107R and it does not have chrome on the outside, just on the door panel felt. 

I chatted with tech support at JEGS and they say I need a MT-106A. Anybody order these recently?

Thanks

Hey Terrence, i purchased a set from Lundys years ago and they did have the chrome on the outside. You should also check The Parts Place as the carry them also. They are both listed in the resourse section above.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, willie said:

Hey Terrence, i purchased a set from Lundys years ago and they did have the chrome on the outside. You should also check The Parts Place as the carry them also. They are both listed in the resourse section above.

Ok I'll take a look. Thanks!

22 hours ago, Tmac said:

does the 1970 monte window felts come with the chrome strip on the outside wiper seal? I ordered a Repops 

Replacement Felt Kit for 1970-1972 Chevy Monte Carlo w/Special Molding
Part Number : 629-MT107R and it does not have chrome on the outside, just on the door panel felt. 

I chatted with tech support at JEGS and they say I need a MT-106A. Anybody order these recently?

Thanks

Hi Terrence,

There are 2 types of window felts for our Montes 1970-72.  The window felts with the chrome bead is for a non-Belt Molding while the window felts without chrome bead are for the optional belt molding.  I believe either will work but that chrome strip may interfere with the belt molding & reason for the difference.

Doug

• Like 2
  • Thank You! 1

Both of those Jegs part numbers are for "special moulding". That tells me they only fit the B85 option, which is the Beltline Reveal Moulding. It's the wide stainless steel moulding option that most Montes did not come with. 

Dan

• Like 2
  • Thank You! 1

I bought a set from OPGI. They somehow ended up with the 1971 impala 1/4” stainless trim. They screwed up but it’s so odd I’m going to run them anyway since they actually fit nice. Plus I’m not waiting another 6 months.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 8:56 AM, 72-CLASSIC_RIDE said:

Hi Terrence,

There are 2 types of window felts for our Montes 1970-72.  The window felts with the chrome bead is for a non-Belt Molding while the window felts without chrome bead are for the optional belt molding.  I believe either will work but that chrome strip may interfere with the belt molding & reason for the difference.

Doug

I was wondering why the difference. i ordered the correct set and am much happier with these.

• You're Welcome 1