1970 ss454 Build sheet found

Joselk1

Dropped my gas tank yesterday and discovered the build sheet.  Had to use a very soft makeup brush to get the 50 years of grime off but I can read it.  It’s everything as expected now I have the paper proof.  Without the help of this group I don’t think I would have noticed.  

IMG_2491.jpeg

IMG_2671.jpeg

IMG_2749.jpeg

• Like 6

Congratulations on your great find! Your SS was not only built in California, it was ordered by a customer at a California dealership. 

Dan

• Like 2

You’re a First Gen Build Sheet archeologist after that excursion. Congrats on locating your baby’s birth certificate. Erases any doubts you may have had regarding authenticity. 

• Like 1

Congratulations on the find. Now comes the fun decision. Do you restore it to original or build what you want??  It’s a tough decision when you have paperwork in your hand. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Congratulations on the find. Now comes the fun decision. Do you restore it to original or build what you want??  It’s a tough decision when you have paperwork in your hand. 

It’s original except for transmission. I’m restoring it now but putting in 700r4 for drivability.  I pulled the original 454 in December and it was rebuilt, we just ran it on a test stand Friday.  All new internals and balanced with original heads cleaned up.  I have the original intake and Quadrajet restored. Should be back on the road in 6 weeks and fingers crossed it will be spring in Michigan 

123_1.jpeg

IMG_2023.jpeg

IMG_2022.jpeg

• Like 6