Reference Books on First Generation Monte Carlo

7 minutes ago, Dtret said:

You can see the holes in the fender well. Save that for reference if you replace them. 

Thanks for sure

9 hours ago, Dale Carlson said:

This is the pump. If it's wrong, I will be looking for a correct one. This one might someone else happy.

IMG_4332.jpg

It looks correct. If you pull the tank off , be careful with the gasket, it will reveal the correct color if it’s been repainted. Do you still have the valve above the rear differential, center to passenger side?

14 hours ago, jft69z said:

Unless you're really attached to that beat up old sticker, there are quality reproductions that have the correct VIN, date & font.

They can be found at the link below. Best bet is to call them up. I got mine from there & completely happy (My sticker was in a little better shape than yours, but still thought it would look better overall with a nice, new sticker.)

https://ecsauto.com/collections/general-motors/products/vin-data-decal-1969-72-gm-vehicles

Also, like Aaron pointed out, tell them the date to put on the decal will be 06-71.

Thanks Joe, wasn’t aware of that site.. 

• You're Welcome 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

It looks correct. If you pull the tank off , be careful with the gasket, it will reveal the correct color if it’s been repainted. Do you still have the valve above the rear differential, center to passenger side?

I am not at the car. I'll look later and get a better picture than this one.

IMG_9126.jpeg

11 hours ago, Dale Carlson said:

This is the pump. If it's wrong, I will be looking for a correct one. This one might someone else happy.

IMG_4332.jpg

Not correct. The tank is is different missing the cap on the end.

image.jpeg.2ec58ef90bbe06f2e11ce8032294e68b.jpeg

That cap looks like it may be an adaptation or extension for the front and rear bracket????  Other than that, it looks to be the same, at least GM functionally. That cap and the brackets, I guess are long gone. Am I now looking for just the cap and brackets or the whole thing? I got these blue door panels as they were in better shape than my dark saddle ones. Can they be recolored to the saddle and if so, how best??? 

Thanks for the advice and I joined the club.

Dale

Blue Panels - Copy.webp

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

Aaron, when you say the cap on the end which end are you referring to?  If you are talking about the rounded end on the tank?  If yes, to me it looks like there is a metal piece there but no grommet on it.

rob

1 hour ago, Dale Carlson said:

That cap looks like it may be an adaptation or extension for the front and rear bracket????  Other than that, it looks to be the same, at least GM functionally. That cap and the brackets, I guess are long gone. Am I now looking for just the cap and brackets or the whole thing? I got these blue door panels as they were in better shape than my dark saddle ones. Can they be recolored to the saddle and if so, how best??? 

Thanks for the advice and I joined the club.

Dale

Blue Panels - Copy.webp

A member here reproduces the mounting brackets and does amazing duplicates.

rob

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Aaron, when you say the cap on the end which end are you referring to?  If you are talking about the rounded end on the tank?  If yes, to me it looks like there is a metal piece there but no grommet on it.

rob

His tank is simply round on the end. The proper tank has a cap on the end. I believe he has to find the correct tank as the cap doesn’t come off (ie the cap is not available as a separate piece). The tank he has will work but to be factory correct it should have the tank with the proper end in it. The tank he has may be from a Cadillac or other GM vehicle.

55 minutes ago, Canuck said:

His tank is simply round on the end. The proper tank has a cap on the end. I believe he has to find the correct tank as the cap doesn’t come off (ie the cap is not available as a separate piece). The tank he has will work but to be factory correct it should have the tank with the proper end in it. The tank he has may be from a Cadillac or other GM vehicle.

Yep. Your right. I thought you were talking about the hole in the bottom for the mount. My bad. 

4 hours ago, Canuck said:

Upon further review Aaron is correct, i thought it was there but looking closer its the air line passing under the bowl.  Aarons pic tells the tale!!!

5 hours ago, Dale Carlson said:

I am not at the car. I'll look later and get a better picture than this one.

IMG_9126.jpeg

Dale the switch is on the right side upper control arm. You might have to take a pic on each side of the rear looking up. 

On 3/3/2024 at 4:23 PM, jft69z said:

I just saw this on FB, talk about timing...

FB_IMG_1709498894070.jpg

I have no idea how this has gotten here, but i like it!!  Nice going Joe!!!

• Haha 3