71-72 vinyl top trim picture

32 minutes ago, Dtret said:

There is none. 

I could be wrong but Bob may be looking for pictures of how the vinyl top trim on the 70 with full halo is routed and/or how the vinyl material on some 70 and all 71/72's tuck into the windshield trim.

rob

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I could be wrong but Bob may be looking for pictures of how the vinyl top trim on the 70 with full halo is routed and/or how the vinyl material on some 70 and all 71/72's tuck into the windshield trim.

rob

You are correct Rob. I'm looking at how far the vinyl top trim goes to the top of the windshield 

Joe said he’s going to snap a picture of his car when he goes out to the shop. If not I can pull the cover off my 71 and snap as many as you need 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

Joe said he’s going to snap a picture of his car when he goes out to the shop. If not I can pull the cover off my 71 and snap as many as you need 

I'll be of no help then, because my 72 vinyl goes the full way & tucks under the W/S trim.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I'll be of no help then, because my 72 vinyl goes the full way & tucks under the W/S trim.

Yes exactly goes into the window channel. 

I would like the trim to dead end into the window trim further but then it only leaves a +1/4" where it slides into the Z shaped trim. 

I thought you were talking about the halo trim, and how it sits across the front.

Here's mine. Can't go much more forward than that, or it'll be sticking out/up too much.

There's a natural bend/curve in the trim that matches the curve of the roof line too. It appears to sit just right on what I have.

20240316_103507.jpg

20240316_104552.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

rob

You are correct Rob. I'm looking at how far the vinyl top trim goes to the top of the windshield 

• Like 2

Thanks Joe that is the picture I am looking for. I would have thought it was a little closer to the windshield trim 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, black07ss said:

Thanks Joe that is the picture I am looking for. I would have thought it was a little closer to the windshield trim 

It will slide fore & aft a bit, but in my case that seems to be a good spot. As mentioned above,  too far forward would maybe stick out/up too much. I'm not sure how deep it goes in the rear 'Z' piece, but both sides of the car are setup the same distance from the W/S trim.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, overdrive said:

Joe, your "non halo" photo is an aftermarket top. Truly non halo. 

Dan

Did you mean Dennis' photo?

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

I hope so. Yours is correct. The non-halo I posted was a dealer install vinyl top. At the time the question was posted I thought that was what he was looking for. As the post moved further along it got more specific. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

I think he meant Dennis' photo.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2024 at 10:22 AM, Dtret said:

Thanks Dennis

On 3/17/2024 at 10:04 AM, jft69z said:

Yes, sorry. It's his photo.

Dan

• Like 1