Bogged to a 8.301 @ 87.9 MPH

Jared Richey

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good times Jared!

You could try a smaller carb for now so you can still race. Bracket racing is consistency, and the more time on the tree the better. There is a guy at the local 1/8th mile that runs a slant six duster, he runs mid 8's and is very consistent and he kills the tree, he wins a lot

Yeah bracket racing is about consistency, but right now I'm just wanting to get it as fast as possible.

Besides right now I don't have the $$$ to be bracket racing, maybe next year. Every Friday night on the practice night they have a "Gambler's Race" that cost $10 to enter, the winner gets the pot.

Only thing is, you're going up against all cars, not just foot break, they'll be pro cars enter also, although a 11 second (1/8 mile) 72 Chevelle, really nice cruiser won the pot this past Friday. laugh

i'm sorta lucky being slow.. our track has two classes.. the trophy class which is 9.0 and slower and the money class which is 8.99 and faster (eighth mile) most people runing slower then 8.99 in the 1/8 don't use all the high-cost stuff...

I'm glad I don't deep stage.. couple of times I rolled pretty good before the lights dropped.. but I never broke the beams :>

I'm surprised they'd ban you for a high 40's run Jared. I think NHRA uses 11.49 as a threshold in the quarter and I don't think a 47 would not equate to that. I've heard out here they don't require much special until you go below 35...that sucks!!!