Bogged to a 8.301 @ 87.9 MPH

Jared Richey

First time to the track, made 4 runs and that was the best.

Its starving for fuel coming off the line, so some tuning will be in order before I go back this coming friday night. 60 foot times averaged around the 2 second mark.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the ET for the first time at the track, This is a 7s car easy.

I didn't even put a vacuum gage on the carb before I went, ran through the mufflers, and should have cleaned the plugs. lol

Thoughts, ideas?

On the maiden voyage of an 8.34, I blowed a Mustang's Doors off that had "Nitrous Express" on the tag! That felt good.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give us a quick list of the engine specs, converter, and rear gear. I know you've told us them all in other threads, but now that you're racing, it'll be good to have it all together for us!

Glad to see you got it to the track finally...you were into the high 12's if you calculate the full 1/4 mile.

It will be interesting to see what you can tune it down to... cool

Bill

Guest 72yellowmc

Well usually I would add a smart a## big block remark here but I'll spare you this time .. wink .... what carb and what size fuel lines are you using ... what fuel pump etc etc ... a lot of people here could help you out with the tuning process.

Did you figure out the bog yet? Was that car originally a SB car? If so, it has 5/16 fuel line, the BB cars had 3/8 which can make a difference. When was it bogging? Right when you nailed it, or 30' down the track? I would think that your bog might just be needing a bigger shot of the juice off the line. Is your carb a DP? Lots of questions, I know!

hrrm.. you must have a lot of wheel spin there jared.. cuz I run almost 82mph in the 1/8 mile with a fraction of the h.p :P~

my 1/8 mile runs are around 9.2 @ 82 mph give or take a bit with 60' times aroudn 2.1seconds

Working, yeah! partying, no. lol

Everytime I go to make the long list of junk I need to post, my internet decides to crap out, and all that I typed is lost. mad

Hopefully go back to the track tomorrow with adjustments to the carb.

• 1 month later...

I won't be back to the track anytime soon.. now that the monte is my only ride and the fact that I smoked my posi clutches frown

allthough it doesn't launch too bad with a pegleg on slicks!!!

Just went and picked up a friend's 750 Double Pumper that came off of his Malibu Station wagon, with a 400 SB that ran 7.3 with this carb.

I'm gonna stick it on the Monte and see what she does, probably go back to the track with it soon.

The last time at the track, almost 2 months ago now I made it down to a 8.01@89MPH with one pass being 90MPH but a little slower et, this time I opened the Headers, still major bogging off the line.

Losing close to a second right there on the line. If this Carb works well, I'll take my 870 vaccum secondary(not a double pumper) and have it modified to be a Double Pumper.

Timing is LOCKED OUT at 36 Degrees. Also will be getting a line Lock real soon, and adding Electric Fans, and need to install my Drive shaft loops this week.

Then according to the ET it runs, may be looking at Roll Bars to be legal. grin

Lots to do, plenty of Time with summer off and Not enough Money! lol

Tune the carb Jared the two 750's vs carbs we have does just fine on the Monte and the Nomad. I did have a fairly new 750 hp double pumper sitting out in the garage that was to go on the Monte(was on at last years meet), but I was not happy with it so it sits in the top of the tool box.

Dude, DUDE, there is so much more in that car. I just wish you ran at a full length drag strip. It is over before it began.

Save your cash, get hold of AED, then go really fast.

FTR, you times do NOT suck. I would guess mid 12's as it sits, out of tune.

Andy

Dude, DUDE, there is so much more in that car. I just wish you ran at a full length drag strip. It is over before it began.

Save your cash, get hold of AED, then go really fast.

FTR, you times do NOT suck. I would guess mid 12's as it sits, out of tune.

Andy

I know they don't suck, I was pleased with the car for a first few passes. grin

AED? this is my lesson of the day, whats that stand for? blush

Put the 750 on today. AND WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my friend's carb, so he'll get it back later but I'll be getting me one like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been a few months since I've been. I put on the 750 Double Pumper and got my driveshaft safety loop installed so now its time to go see what she'll do.

If I run below a 7.49 ET and they catch me, I'll have to put a Roll Bar in it, thats my goal of course, GET BANNED! lol

Naw...they should give you a warning the first time... wink

After that just let off the gas pedal right near the end...you can still see on the timeslips the 60 ft. and "other times" (not sure what your track shows) on the slip to see if you are getting faster.

Bill

Git'er Done !!!! It would be cool to get a warning from the track tech for going to fast. Good luck... stay safe and keep us posted on that new best!

David

Agreed, that is what I am shooting for. - Dave

Carefull what you wish for guys.

TurboKitty went 10.34@133.6 on its first pass, rewarding me with a one year suspension at my local track. Power everything on 32 pounds of boost with not so much as a driveshaft loop.

IMG_3889.jpg

Andy

Carefull what you wish for guys.

TurboKitty went 10.34@133.6 on its first pass, rewarding me with a one year suspension at my local track. Power everything on 32 pounds of boost with not so much as a driveshaft loop.

IMG_3889.jpg

Andy

Now that's a sleeper. WOW!!! Way fast for sure!

David