Bogged to a 8.301 @ 87.9 MPH

Jared Richey

Suspending you for a year was UNCALLED FOR! shocked But darn what a sleeper! cool

That wouldn't happen at our local 1/8 mile, they just tell you man put a bar in it before you bring it back.

Well today is the day, I did get my most important front driveshaft loop installed. I'll let everyone know what happens.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monte went a best of 7.669@90MPH in the 1/8 mile

I had to let it shift itself, I know I'll pick up another .1 or .2 by shifting myself, the car comes out of 1st gear so quick. Shifting on the column the 1st past embarrassed me. I screwed up lets say. lol

Details to come later.

Excellent ET...that would be an easy high 11.90 something in the full 1/4 as long as it didn't start to drop off at the top end... cool

If you plan on shifting that car yourself then a ratchet type shifter is the only way to go...no embarassing shifts when you can only shift it one gear at a time... wink

Bill

awesome Jared....that's a big gain from last time. If you don't mind I 'd like to hear about your set up. If you don't want to do it here please PM me. I'm trying to ours set up and can use all the tips I can get....again, great time and congrats...Dave... grin

Guest 72yellowmc

sweet Jared that 7.66 equates to a 12.03 1/4 ... pretty cool ... I'll bet there's more gains there with some super tuning... cool

sweet Jared that 7.66 equates to a 12.03 1/4 ... pretty cool ... I'll bet there's more gains there with some super tuning... cool

Bill said 11.90, me gonna believe him. lol

And Dave, no fancy setup yet except for the Engine, tranny, driveshaft and rearend. I still have to get drag shocks and things like that. grin

hey Jared, I found a 1/8 track not toooo far from me...think I'll try it out. Never done 1/8 mi before but our 1/4 mile track doesn't run very often. Going to try the Chevelle first....we'll have notes to compare. Hope I can get in the 7's....Dave grin

hey Jared, I found a 1/8 track not toooo far from me...think I'll try it out. Never done 1/8 mi before but our 1/4 mile track doesn't run very often. Going to try the Chevelle first....we'll have notes to compare. Hope I can get in the 7's....Dave grin

Get you a set of Slicks and open the headers.

Whats the HP on the Chevelle? Gear ratio? tranny?

Originally Posted By: Reds72WMonte

Get you a set of Slicks and open the headers.

Whats the HP on the Chevelle? Gear ratio? tranny?

hey Jared.....got 10" M/T street radials....headers with 3 1/2 Borla header mufflers....HP??? maybe somewhere between 475-500.....3500 Coan 10" converter....3:42's (it's a street car)....400 trans.... grin

• 1 month later...

Banned till I get some Roll Bars. Man do they stay on top of that more than I thought. lol Still need to get my electric fans, and put on those drag shocks thats on the way from another forum member here.

First pass was a

7.48@91 MPH...warned

then a 7.50

Last pass... 7.47@91MPH and time slip was never found. mad

60 foots were around 1.63

I actually outran a very powerful Supercharged Stang, he went red and got there first but ran a 7.52 to my quicker 7.48 grin

Most likely my career is over till next year. $$$$$$$$$$ to be spent that I ain't got..oh well.

Just put a block of wood under your gas pedal and you can still race and run consistant times (although slower isn't always fun)... laugh

yeah forgot about that Jared, actually I think Jegs sells a simple adjustable mechanical stop that just bolts to the manifold/carb. Friend of mine (he won the National Summit ET series) has it and he just adjusts the stop depending if he wants to go high 11's or 12 o's....but yeah, who wants to go slower..I don't.... grin

Thats no fun. For Bracket Racing...yeah. Not what I do. lol

Heck its a Money pit anyway.

I'm running 4:11 Gears.

thanks Jared, I'm still with the 3:42's so that's probably not helping in the 1/8th.....