Dumb battery question....

Guest Nik

What kind of hold down did these Montes come with? I was messing around under the hood of my '72 and realized the only thing holding it in place was a ragged bungee cord. who sells them?

Thanks.

The hold down consisted of a bracket that mounted to the bottom front of the battery tray and was held down with one bolt.Given the condition of the tray you may have to replace it all.NPD, The Paddock,Year One,The Parts Place, Lutty's. Take your pick. You may even find it on Ebay.

• 5 years later...

Hope this diagram explains how battery should be secured into battery tray.  It appears that you are missing the clamp? battery not under front lip of tray? or completely wrong size battery for battery tray? (or combination).  There is also a brace under the battery tray that supports the weight of the battery.  Make note of it in the diagram.  Battery tray will flex without it.  Click on attachment to expand pic.

Doug

post-458-0-56315400-1427169554_thumb.jpg

What kind of hold down did these Montes come with? I was messing around under the hood of my '72 and realized the only thing holding it in place was a ragged bungee cord. who sells them?

Thanks.

So did we ever find the answer for this man as to where they sell the Ragged Bungee Cord ? although I do like Rod's answer too and may look better..... :) :)

Darren.

Ohhh I see, so if I'm not mistaken the clamp holds the battery down at the bottom instead of where most cars have a tie going over top with j bolts on each side??...... and I knew there had to be some kind of support under it! 

And thanks Bruce!