Gas tank

Monteman1971

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working in the body business I have access to some parts "cheap" that most people could never get there hands on. I was looking through some parts on one of our aftermarket parts suppliers website & came across a deal that seemed to good to be true, a gas tank for 72 Monte Carlo & Chevelle for $38, yes THIRTY EIGHT DOLLARS crazy. I was a little bummed out cause I just paid over $100 for mine. Several of the guys I work with are all building cars, one of them needed a tank for a 72 Chevelle. We decided to order one of these tanks just to see if it was of good quality (how could it be for the price?). So it showed up this week and to our surprise it was actually a very nice tank. That immediately prompted everyone one else in the shop to want to order one. Upon ordering the second one our supplier "Keystone" said they were out of stock, imagine that, good things just dont last. Anyway we are going to keep on trying to get them once they are back in stock. I may be able to help a few people out in my area, if I can get my hands on some more. They are $38 plus tax to my door step, no shipping, freakin' crazy cheap. Heres some pics of what we got, I was just trying to make sure I got the part # for future reference & totally forgot to get a pic of the tank itself. If anyone here also has access to purchase Keystone parts at cost, it would certainly be worth checking into.

IMG_20130211_130110_zps0fbfdb93.jpg

IMG_20130211_130131_zps1ab684f9.jpg

IMG_20130211_130139_zps9b320565.jpg

Bought new one for M/C and the Chevelle same part# and neck was all wrong hit trunk floor so had to cut off org and weld it to new tank.So they are not the same at least the one I got and the slosh tube is not there in new tank cheaper to make but cos the same