The Roll Bar Craze

Jared Richey

looks great Jared, they did a great job at a very good price. Mine is 1 3/4x.134" and you are correct Jared the six point on a frame car is good to 10.00 in the 1/4...

I think the rule for the door bars is "must pass between the drivers elbow and shoulder" according to the info that came with mine. A non-frame car needs a sub-frame and should be 8 point but I know a lot of guys run with 6. Again you never know what a certain tech is going to go off on. On the Shovell we modified the armrests a tad and they stayed... grin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jared, just one thing I noticed in your pic's...I think your loop should be within 6" of the front yoke centerline....most tech's don't even look but when you start going faster they might take an interest...Dave

I have to second Pro-systems too

waiting for my battery for my camera to charge so I can get a picture, they put a ever-so-slight bend in my door bars to clear my armrests, this isn't legal????

I have to second Pro-systems too

waiting for my battery for my camera to charge so I can get a picture, they put a ever-so-slight bend in my door bars to clear my armrests, this isn't legal????

if you don't tell anybody we won't!! grin

they put a ever-so-slight bend in my door bars to clear my armrests, this isn't legal????

From the reading I have done in the past (last year) of the rules I remember coming across that subject and the way I read it was that it was allowed...of course the bend could not be anything excessive though so you should be fine.

hey Sam!!! your bar is bent!!!! grin

Some reason the soup kitchen guy from "Seinfeld" voice went though my mind when I read that but he would say it more like..."hey Sam!!! your bar is bent!!! no drag racing for you!!!" laugh

okay, I welded everything in just like Bill told me to, no more pesky removable back bar....went through 5 benzene torches....burnt the heck out of my fingers and I'm still seeing little red circles....sure hope it passes.....

PS_RT_FORE_VIEW3_t.jpg

grin

PS_RT_FORE_VIEW3_t.jpg

WOW. Nothing beats the pride of doing it yourself!

It sure wouldn't hurt to glop some more filler rod on some areas. Also you need to anchor that vertical flange to the round thingy with screw on top...I'd say a minimum of six 4-inch number 10 or 12 screws should establish what you meant.

well Tommy, I plan to finish it off with a good wrapping of duct tape so it should be good....that slide show is cool, I'll have to figure out how to do that. I think Red's going to take her Monte out this weekend, hope it runs 12's....

Im pretty sure 12's shouldn't be a problem unless there are traction issues. Don't you have drag radials for her car already?

yeah Tommy M/T radials 275x60x15's...street legal always has a slippery track, probably have to do some pedaling...

Well at least that bar isn't removable anymore......unless somebody bumps into it or something. laugh

lol

Hey Dave, just curious...what is elevation of your track from sea level?

Originally Posted By: TommyP
Well at least that bar isn't removable anymore......unless somebody bumps into it or something. laugh

lol

Hey Dave, just curious...what is elevation of your track from sea level?

should be pretty close to sea level...everything is pretty flat around here...except where I live....