suspension mods

CrazyDavey

finally got my pic's from Fontana a couple of weeks ago. Here are some before and after shot's of how the suspension reacted to the changes that were made. They included an anti roll bar, adjustable uppers and relo brackets. Thanks to Scott and Mike for their help, I think it worked pretty good. It didn't really make the car faster but it made it SUPER consistent.

for 8 runs the ET varied only .05 from 10.89 to 10.94. My 60's really improved, 6 1.55's, 1 1.53 and last a 1.52. I haven't played with the air bag yet and the roll bar and the relo brackets are on their least aggressive settings.

before..

photo_13984_20100210.jpg

after..the photog told me it actually pulled both wheels on this one but he missed it ( grin)

PDSC_1910.jpg

this had the 1.52 60...still has a little twist but it's better

PDSC_2511.jpg[/url]

gonna try it again this weekend....also going to tighten up the rear shocks, they are also on the lightest setting

Looks good as usual... cool

I forget, what type of rear shocks do you have?

I stiffen my passenger rear shock to the fullest and have my drivers side at it's softest when racing, definately helps keeping my car from twisting.

Looks good as usual... cool

I forget, what type of rear shocks do you have?

I stiffen my passenger rear shock to the fullest and have my drivers side at it's softest when racing, definately helps keeping my car from twisting.

thanks Bill....I have Comp Engineering adjustable drag shocks. I forgot I also put in some new BMR 1" lowering springs to get the back end down a bit and add some stiffness....

Your Velle looks so good on the launch. We have a test and tune this weekend during a track clean-up. Hope to see just how it handles. Thanks for sharing the pictures Davey.

Looking Good Dave :), suspension will surely help your car improve. I'm gonna do some serious overhauling on my rear suspension when my car is done with paint $$$$.

yeah Royce, get it on the track man! grin

There will be a lot to adjust after the first few runs. I see air bags in the future and some race shocks. I suppose that even after each run you might have to make adjustments????

Guess I'm going to have to hire me a crew. Off to Hooters I go. lol

There will be a lot to adjust after the first few runs. I see air bags in the future and some race shocks. I suppose that even after each run you might have to make adjustments????

Guess I'm going to have to hire me a crew. Off to Hooters I go. lol

that's what the wife's for... grin...well after all it's her car!!!

014_2_.JPG

Hooters not a good idea.... no

Sweet Dave, I can definitely see less twisting. I wonder what stiffer compression settings on the pass side rear wheel. That would help take out the remaining twist.

What kind of adjustment do you have on the anti-roll bar? Just curious, I've never installed one of them yet so I can only go on what I've read.

Is there any chance of getting a video of the car launching, from the back especially since that is what you are tuning?

I thought Hooters were always a good idea, I mean Hooters "is" a good idea. . . I guess it depends on how you're using the word! lol

Originally Posted By: Reds72WMonte

I thought Hooters were always a good idea, I mean Hooters "is" a good idea. . . I guess it depends on how you're using the word! lol

hooters either meaning is ALWAYS! a good thing yay

Originally Posted By: Reds72WMonte

hooters are good....Hooters is a bad idea if you're married.... grin

I just saw some more pic's from another photog, different angle and there is a lot less twist. I have turned up the shocks to the next setting so I'll see how that reacts, I can go one more. I also still have the airbag in the right I can put a little air in as well. The anti rollbar I has has 2 settings, the one I'm in now has the longest arm and I can stiffen it by going to the shorter one. I'm going to try the shocks first. I just got back from Fontana and we got "winded" out. They're going to try and do 2 days tomorrow if the wind goes away. I'll have Red get a shot from the back if we run. I could really feel the difference in the car at launch, the front just came straight up and pretty even. I need to do some front end work now but again don't really know much about it. I think springs is about it but picking the right ones......also found out I was down 3 lbs of fuel pressure due to a bad gauge...

Originally Posted By: Chevyss
My Wife is married but I'm not. Of course me chasing one of those Hooter girls would be like a dog chasing a car, I wouldn't know what to do with it.

What do you mean Royce..... this dog knew what to do with it! kicking

Good dog!!!!

Yes but if Royce did that to a Hooters girl I bet he'd get kicked out. lol

Here I go again. Question to all you seasoned racers. Koni shocks. SPA1 front and rear??? I know that I will have to do some adjustments to the suspension as soon as I make the first few runs.