vinyl top trim

Sam,

Even though mine doesn't have the vinyl top, Chevrolet used the same trim on the Two-Tone Painted cars to separate the colors. I don't have a closeup pictue of it but if I am not mistaken, the vertical piece that attaches the trim at the bottom of the sail panel to the portion over the windows extends about the same distance at the bottom as it does at the top. I think the vertical piece only extends a short distance, maybe an inch and a half or so at the top and bottom. I can't say this for sure but that is what I am seeing in my mind's eye.

Rob

I'm wanting to know how the two pieces above the quarter glass connect to each other, I have the painted roof too, it was just easier to ask for vinyl top trim lol

If I remember correctly, one piece just slips into the other and extends in about an inch.

rob

Sam,

counting off my memory, I think there are 11 pieces total, thats counting the 2 rear (chrome) corners.

if you talking about the piece that rises from the quarter panel, up to, the roof, it just slides inside the other piece.

the two pieces that run along the roof (left and right side) I believe have inserts that a screw goes threw to attach it to the roof, then the piece that turns down along the quarter glass attaches somehow...they don't slide together or I'm missing something here

From what I remember Sam, you are corect withe the last clip on the side molding having a screw in it. I do not think that the "L" shape moldings have any clips to hold them to the roof just the horizontal and vertical pieces that slide into them.

Sorry but I am not at home to check for you.

Vaughn

Boy cant get on for three days and you pick on me Davey thanks lol. Sam as for your question it slides over top of each other with a clip being screwed down to the roof. And believe it or not I don't of a picture of the trim being off the car showing the clips. But I do have this picture Sam moretop006.jpg showing the trim above the door sliding over top the quarter window trim.

Boy cant get on for three days and you pick on me Davey thanks lol. Sam as for your question it slides over top of each other with a clip being screwed down to the roof. And believe it or not I don't of a picture of the trim being off the car showing the clips. But I do have this picture Sam moretop006.jpg showing the trim above the door sliding over top the quarter window trim.

not picking on you ert, just remembered you posted a lot of pic's of your top.... cool

It sad a network student can't figure out his own problem lol. Right now I'm still unable to get to the site and it has nothing to do with the site service or my ISP. Sam if need parts or anything send me an email that's about the best I can do right now.

Yeah, mine was white when I got My Monte. I stripped it all rather than repainting it. I'll paint it properly some day.

I was experimenting with some vinyl tape on a piece of trim yesterday instead of painting it, if I can find white vinyl tape I'm gonna give that a shot

Yep it should be painted im not sure if its black on all or base on the top color. My was all shiney until last summer then i painted the black back using gloss black model paint. The car was out of the garage this moring for spring cleaning and it got a bath and the black paint is will on.

Hmm its been yrs since I had the Halo top off my frist 70 . I dont recall any screws except the two corner pot metal parts.All the rest were welded on studs which held the plastic snaps/clips. But then it was a long time ago .

The upper painted portion was roof color . Yea I buffed mine all shiney at the time .

the color of the painted portion of the vinyl roof trim is the same as the roof color , on painted roofs it would be white as all painted roofs were white , there are 2 screws used one at the top corner near the back of the side window , there is a small metal clip at the lower end of the z moulding that also screws to the car body , on most cars that have had work they were removed lost and replaced with studs

Leo

Sam, you can get the white tape at an electrical supply store or I can send you some. We use it to mark the neutral wire in 240v or less systems. They should have a couple of different widths available, 3/4 or 1/2.

Dan.

thanks Dan, we decide to paint them

and thanks to everyone else too wink

was rummaging through everything thing and found all of it yay we were test fitting the trim tonight

downsizee.jpg

downsize5.jpg

downsize1.jpg